Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
I know it's already in testing with developers, but i was assuming it would be ready for the public last monday.
Anyone wants to guess?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Point is to guess.
Which brings me to question, why post just to say that? You could have just guessed while you were at it.

Posted out of boredom. The point of the post is to suggest that guessing serves no purpose and provides no useful information.

Ergo...what would be the purpose on my guess...since it would be totally meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Anyone wants to guess?
guessing a release date of a patch is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Wasn't there only one build of 10.9.2? If so, I would assume it would go through a number of iterations meaning its not ready for prime time.

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
Posted out of boredom. The point of the post is to suggest that guessing serves no purpose and provides no useful information.

Ergo...what would be the purpose on my guess...since it would be totally meaningless.

Geez, i don't know. Haven't you ever gambled? Whether you have or not, it's just a date. You can be that cool kid at your school to say you guessed on a forum when an update was released. Woohoo.
It would be meaningless only if you thought it was.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Geez, i don't know. Haven't you ever gambled?

I have, and it was nowhere near as pointless and far more enjoyable than trying to speculate on an Internet message board when a giant corporation that is known for secrecy is going to release a product.

Don't worry about it too much, though. You're not the first person to make these threads, and you sure as heck won't be the last.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Geez, i don't know. Haven't you ever gambled? Whether you have or not, it's just a date. You can be that cool kid at your school to say you guessed on a forum when an update was released. Woohoo.
It would be meaningless only if you thought it was.

You got me with that one...I always wanted to be the cool kid at school, and now I can!

The observation in the post above that "it would be meaningless only if you thought it was" is tautological.

It is meaningless not because I think it is, but rather because factually the guesses, by definition, would be meaningless as the guesses would have no factual support...and would, therefore, have no substance.

However, since I don't wish to be any more of a buzzkill than I already am...enjoy all the post made with the guesses requested.

Oh, wait...:rolleyes:

:D

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I know it's already in testing with developers, but i was assuming it would be ready for the public last monday.
Anyone wants to guess?

I'm stumped. Didn't 10.9.1 just come out 11 days ago ? How would Apple release 10.9.2 last Monday ? Good grief people.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Anyone wants to guess?

Wednesday at 5:20pm

2trout

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Tucson
You got me with that one...I always wanted to be the cool kid at school, and now I can!

The observation in the post above that "it would be meaningless only if you thought it was" is tautological.

It is meaningless not because I think it is, but rather because factually the guesses, by definition, would be meaningless as the guesses would have no factual support...and would, therefore, have no substance.

However, since I don't wish to be any more of a buzzkill than I already am...enjoy all the post made with the guesses requested.

Oh, wait...:rolleyes:

:D

priceless! lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.