Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Anyone still unable to download the beta completely from MAP?
It always fails at the 1gb point.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Still? Some people did get their download to complete though.

Everyone stop for 10 minutes while I get it!!!:D

I swear this download is hosted on a tiny mac mini in their server farm.:mad:

Last edited:

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Mine is stuck on "Waiting..." and the progress bar on the launchpad icon is grey with no progress.:mad:

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I changed my DNS back to my ISP default and it worked!!

Currently 60%, fingers crossed

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Could be! I was on google dns
Maybe they are kicking certain connections

Update: back to 40% :)

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
if you get error code in MAS then try rebooting the system to clear "MAS" error cache then try re-downloading the Beta from the Purchase tab in MAS..

done that and kept getting errors. Cleared all the caches, deleted several smaller apps from MAS and they were all OK, its only Yosemite thats been giving me problem.
At this point I think it would be easier to torrent it

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Nope tried that, didn't work.

Happens on different machines also

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
Still can't, the download errors on me randomly and i can't even pause a download, when I resume a download it goes back to 0. I am very frustrated over this

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
FAILED 3 times and counting!! THEN starts from the beginning all over again!

sigh... purchases download again, start over, etc. What a pathetic download server Apple seems to have. Imagine when the real deal is released!

----------

Still can't, the download errors on me randomly and i can't even pause a download, when I resume a download it goes back to 0. I am very frustrated over this

That is called adding insult to injury. We should expect better from Apple. This is embarrassing really.

----------

At this point I think it would be easier to torrent it

which is ironic considering it's free..

Last edited:

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
sigh... purchases download again, start over, etc. What a pathetic download server Apple seems to have. Imagine when the real deal is released!

----------

That is called adding insult to injury. We should expect better from Apple. This is embarrassing really.

----------

which is ironic considering it's free..

I tried to reset caches and restarts and all the "solutions" and no luck, but i guess this is just an fail on apple's end. Oh well

NukeIT

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
How do you do that? i mean.. I never mess with DNS stuff so it's probably still the ISP settings.

If you have never changed it, it would default to your ISP... I use Unblock-us so have my DNS set to theirs....

the setting is located in Network Preferences>advance>DNS for the computer

or if you have an airport

airport utility>edit>internet

greyed out numbers are default auto settings...

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
If you have never changed it, it would default to your ISP... I use Unblock-us so have my DNS set to theirs....

the setting is located in Network Preferences>advance>DNS for the computer

or if you have an airport

airport utility>edit>internet

greyed out numbers are default auto settings...

right, which means I do have the default ISP setting and shouldn't give me the error I've been dealing, not to mention any other MAS apps download just fine.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Finally got it downloaded, but I'm just going to hold it in applications for a while and see how the reports are.

NukeIT

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Full download complete... too bad I have to go to work now and no time to play with it...

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I'm curious how much bandwidth Apple has dedicated for this, I excepted to run this 20 mins after release but 12 hrs later, I'm still downloading it.

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just did a test. I tried downloading Mavericks from the App Store and the download went along just fine. So I don't think its a problem on my end, it has something to do with the Yosemite servers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.