Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I'm curious what the MR users think of the review articles, since they seem to be an increasing trend. Do you find them helpful? Do they clutter up the site/homepage/sidebar? Thoughts?

I'm not sure whether or how much I like them just yet and was interested in reading others' opinions.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I have enjoyed reading them so far. I feel like some of the other websites I go on only focus on the "innovated" high end stuff that most people don't have any interest in, so it's nice to see some reviews of cases and the like here.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I've like them. They're insightful and easier than always linking to another review site.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I like them. I think people here benefit from well written reviews if they want to read them. They seem like a natural addition to the site.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I like them, I think that add to the overall value of the site (spoken as a member not as a moderator).

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I like them. They make a welcome break from recycled rumours (not that I am complaining about rumours on macrumors). I am not so sure about the front page layout though and how they are presented. It's a minor quibble though, which is personal and subjective.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I like the fact they exist. They are nice and informative.
I dislike the fact they are lumped in with the Mac and iOS blog articles. I think these kind of articles need their own category for easy access.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I like the fact they exist. They are nice and informative.
I dislike the fact they are lumped in with the Mac and iOS blog articles. I think these kind of articles need their own category for easy access.

I'm ok at the organization, I don't see any issues of how they are now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.