Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
UK
Hi,

The Uni I go to has wifi throughout the campus, but only if you choose their pac file for proxies (http://www.brighton.ac.uk/proxy.pac) or type in the proxy server (proxy.brighton.ac.uk).

Is there any option to select this on the iPhone? I can do it on a mac on sys prefs.

Otherwise no wifi for me!

gbalex

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2006
Hey guys, I'm in the exact same situation as joshysquashy... Can anybody shed some light on this matter? It sucks not to be able to be online at the uni.

Thanks!

ayush

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
Hey guys,

Any luck in getting the proxy setting in iphone.

Please help me too in adding the proxy settings.

beardboy

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
Bath
In Wifi settings if you press the blue right arrow, you can setup the proxy there for each specific connection.

zmit

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2008
using automatic proxy files? (pac files)

(i havent got my iphone yet)

beardboy

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
Bath
No idea about using PAC files, as the school's i go in, only have a proxy setup, so i just stick that into each connection.

ayush

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
Hi Guys,

Finally i was able to give my proxy settings properly and able to access net

(I have iphone with version 1.1.4 and using ziphone i have unlocked for other SIM)

First i have connected to the WiFi SSID, since I got the IP address Dynamically from the AP.

Then i selected the Auto in the HTTP Proxy settings and mentioned my .pac file.

Make sure you go to the settings > general > and reset only the network settings, before doing the above steps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.