Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steadyvibe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2008
I am wondering if it is possible to put a movie onto my iPhone from my work computer which is not synced up with my iphone?

Is it possible to do this somehow?

TheRiseofTheFal

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
Lexington
If you mean in addition to the music and movies you already have on your iphone, then no. iPhone prevents you from syncing with more than one itunes library at a time. It's kind of a bummer because you used to/can do it on any iPod and they dont hassle you at all. I hope this helps and isnt too disappointing

steadyvibe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Crap. Is there any hacks to do this? Or can it be done by SSH? My phone is an unlocked one I am using in Canada.

MyJelleo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2007
Yeah, I think if you connect your iphone to another computer and choose the option to manually manage your music, you can just drag and drop stuff from any computer. I haven't tested this out yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Now syncing it would be a different story. If you sync it, you can kiss your current playlists and songs farewell.

steadyvibe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Ya, I dont really want to sync it i guess. I just want to add a movie to it.

Have any of you tried that and it worked?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.