Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
What I have -
I have 3 Mail accounts set up.
  1. GMail (IMAP)
  2. Business (POP3)
  3. Administrator (POP3)

Whenever I want to compose an email using my business email account and i would to send it, for whatever reason it is sending it as my GMail account rather than my Business account. I have looked at my settings to ensure that nothing was wrong, but it appears to be fine. I am selecting the mailbox that I want to send from.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

I have attached 3 images. The first one is the settings window, second one is where I did select the mailbox and 3rd is showing the raw headers for the email I sent. If you look carefully, it does say "myadvatge.com" in the message ID field.

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 52

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
You might have already done this, but under the accounts tab, what does the SMTP say? This same thing happened to me and it was because I accidentally had selected the gmail SMTP sever.

cristo

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
How many outgoing mail servers have you got set up? Click on the accounts tab in preferences, then click the drop down menu under smtp servers. Is there a server "@myadvatge.com" in that list?

Wow, people are quick at replying here!

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
hmm, there wasn't an smtp server for myadvatge.com. So I need to set that up then?

Yes. If it's not there, that means it's using one of your other accounts smtp server. For example, I have MobileMe set up in mail. However, I have my smtp server set for gmail. So everyone who receives an email from me sees it to be from my gmail account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.