Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boesky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Is there a way to navigate through Spaces using the trackpad, instead of having to click on the applications?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I use a hot corner (upper-left, in my case) to bring up Spaces. Once in Spaces, you can click on any Space or Window to switch Space.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I really wish I could 4-finger swipe for spaces, but that gesture isn't customizable...at least not that I'm aware of. I'd be delighted to be wrong about this.

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
I use command (or control) and the arrow keys to move between spaces. (I've remapped my keys so I don't know which is which). It's not the trackpad but it is easy...

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
I really wish I could 4-finger swipe for spaces, but that gesture isn't customizable...at least not that I'm aware of. I'd be delighted to be wrong about this.

I agree sooo much. I would never use the 3-finger gestures and I wish I could assign them to something more useful to me.

Blake the Great

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
Ohio
Yes, there is a way to control spaces. First like others have said set spaces for an active screen corner. When you go into the spaces overview you can use two fingers to navigate the different spaces, then just click using one finger and there you go!

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
You could try MultiClutch, which allows you to bind certain actions to certain multi-touch movements on the trackpad.

I use it in firefox, and it works like a charm. I also have "three finger swipe to the left" set to pull up spaces.

Boosh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.