Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
my sister better be able to get me my unlocked 32gb version and her whatever version from apple (cuz I gotta work like a loser)...while I get one from rogers via phone/web or whatever...all my iPhone 4 accessories are piling up!!!!!!!!

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
MORE INFO ON FIDO CUSTOMERS!!

Just called Wireless Wave here's what they told me:

Fido customers who bought the 3GS last year on launch with a 3 year deal ARE ABLE TO UPGRADE AT $199.

There is NO 3 YEAR EXTENSION.

You start fresh, deletes your existing 2 year contracts and you will start a new 3 year contract.

Only catch is, you cannot do this on launch date. Fido will release details on when 3GS customers can do an upgrade.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto

Fido customers who bought the 3GS last year on launch with a 3 year deal ARE ABLE TO UPGRADE AT $199.

You start fresh, deletes your existing 2 year contracts and you will start a new 3 year contract.

Only catch is, you cannot do this on launch date. Fido will release details on when 3GS customers can do an upgrade.

interesting...

let's hope rogers does the same thing.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Coud someone kind please help me call the apple store in Vancouver, BC? (oakridge or pacific centre) because i'm in Seattle and cannot call into Canada! I would like to know if we can get the unlocked phones without getting any type of plan whatsoever. I need it to travel internationally and I hate waiting for this unlocking crap! Thank you so much!

You will need to have a Canadian credit card in order to make the purchase of an Unlocked iPhone 4. If you have one then yes you can get it unlocked without any plan at all. Just the bare phone in your hands and do what you want after.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Anyone know the prices of the unlocked iphone in Canada yet?

Telus and Fido have 'leaked' their prices over the past few days but Apple hasn't announced their unlocked prices. I'm going to guess $699/$799 will be the prices.

The carriers will attempt to sell it cheaper for a no-term plan but even if you save $30-$50 off the phone price just spend the extra and get it unlocked....

PLin

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2003
You will need to have a Canadian credit card in order to make the purchase of an Unlocked iPhone 4. If you have one then yes you can get it unlocked without any plan at all. Just the bare phone in your hands and do what you want after.

You shouldn't need a Canadian credit card to purchase an unlocked iPhone 4 at a retail store, since retail stores don't perform any address verification. You only need a credit card with a Canadian billing address to purchase from the Apple Online Store, but you also need a Canadian shipping address.

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
Canada

Hmm...

Not on launch day eh. What gives.

If it's true Rogers will probably do the same.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
You shouldn't need a Canadian credit card to purchase an unlocked iPhone 4 at a retail store, since retail stores don't perform any address verification. You only need a credit card with a Canadian billing address to purchase from the Apple Online Store, but you also need a Canadian shipping address.

Is this confirmed? Thank you for the info because I'd hate to drive there for nothing. Worse comes to worse I could get cash and pay it out right.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
There have been many posts about Apple not accepting non-Canadian credit cards in their stores. But cash is an option, not sure if they would refuse it like they did with the iPad launch as it is harder to track. Hopefully they won't refuse $700 cash

harry454

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Just called Applestore square one, they will take cash, credit and debit for unlocked iPhone 4's in store. They prefer credit, but will take all methods.

Autopilot638

macrumors 6502

Yeah, it'll be July 30, 2011.

I'm not bitter... ;)

HommePomme

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
I'll be there. Either that or Square One. Haven't decided.

For me it's either that or a local Rogers Plus. The Rogers Plus will be a bit more knowledgeable about my account, have less lineup, have less phones. It's what I did last year. Apple store will have more stock, way more line, and OPENS EARLY! (super important due to work).

Anyone know if Rogers Plus' have any early open plans?

silentsim

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Question: it seems pretty much confirmed that Rogers will have the 6gb 30$ plan.

Currently i am on a retentions voice+data pack that is 500mb with a 5$ add-on for double data totalling gb.

Needless to say the entire package is 50$ after all credits.

How would i go about upgrading that to 6gb? Since this is a combined voice and data plan would i need to restructure my whole plan? Should i be calling retentions today to get that sorted out?

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Rogers has not confirmed the $30/6gb plan, they will release more info tomorrow.
You might want to consider speaking to retentions about this. You may need to restructure your plan depending on how it is setup, but most retention plans should be separate data fee so it should be somewhat easy to keep your voice services and switch the data to the 6gb one, you will most likely lose the $5 option to double the data.

No way I see Rogers doubling 6gb to 12gb :p

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada

That stinks. I was told by a rogers rep that I will be able to upgrade on launch day. If I can't I will be pretty pissed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.