Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Lol what are you worried about, you are going to the apple store. they don't do that crap. They will upgrade you and me :)

Later
AE

Haha yes. Maybe wireless wave might pull that BS to get more commission on launch, but I hope apple isn't given those directions by Rogers and fido.

iGuardian

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2008
If I'm eligible for a Hardware Upgrade from Rogers, can I go into the Apple Store and refresh my plan for 3 years and get the discount so the phone is only $200?

If so, would I have to pay with a credit card or could I pay with cash? I'm not the account holder (my mother is) but I do have my own phone number/plan and my name is on the account. Would I be able to buy an iPhone 4 that way?

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
You have to be an Authorized User Level 1 in order to be able to get a hardware upgrade if the account is not in your name. Also there has been no confirmation on if Apple Stores will allow anyone except the primary person to get an upgrade.

But if they let you then yes you can renew your contract in store for 3yrs and get the phone for $199.

I really hope someone can confirm this with Apple.... I know the policy for many Rogers stores is primary only, but a few stores allow Level 1 users to upgrade. Best Buy is primary only also.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Haha yes. Maybe wireless wave might pull that BS to get more commission on launch, but I hope apple isn't given those directions by Rogers and fido.

No no definitely not. You are just mixing it up. Rogers will only care about their own inventory, because their employees want commission. Tell Apple to do that wont get the Rogers employee any commission. So no point in doing that. And apple employees according to my info don't work on commission.

thanks
AE

iGuardian

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2008
You have to be an Authorized User Level 1 in order to be able to get a hardware upgrade if the account is not in your name. Also there has been no confirmation on if Apple Stores will allow anyone except the primary person to get an upgrade.

But if they let you then yes you can renew your contract in store for 3yrs and get the phone for $199.

I really hope someone can confirm this with Apple.... I know the policy for many Rogers stores is primary only, but a few stores allow Level 1 users to upgrade. Best Buy is primary only also.

Thanks for the info! I think I am an Authorized User, because I went through some trouble with Rogers before (trying to add an incoming text plan, because I was getting charged through the roof for it) and I *think* my mother made me authorized, but I'll call back and check.

Thanks again!!

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Thanks for the info! I think I am an Authorized User, because I went through some trouble with Rogers before (trying to add an incoming text plan, because I was getting charged through the roof for it) and I *think* my mother made me authorized, but I'll call back and check.

Thanks again!!

Hi

I would do what you said above make sure you are authorized, then call apple later tomorrow before 9pm and ask them whats their policy on that subject. If my memory serves me correctly they dont allow it. but don't listen to me, find out and ask them why, if they don't allow it.

Thanks
AE

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
$30 for 6GB of data, eh? Think Telus will match it if I call them up? :confused:
are they still offering that at Rogers? Ive had mine since the start. I was told by Rogers rep today not to get rid of it. It might come in handy if the tie the iPad and iPhone together ;)

redrox5

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Chicago
To the poster who said that they will accept cash, credit or debit; does this mean American credit/debit? No limitations there, correct?

AC202

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Now that Futureshop has it, that's another option for me outside of Best Buy. Hmm, which one should I go do first? Both pretty much exact distance for me.

Since I believe Futureshop is on commission vs no commission at Best Buy, I would have a better chance for a HUP at Best Buy. Is that theory correct?

vinzer

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
Hello all,

Please correct me if I am wrong:

I am in QC (Montreal). I am Rogers customer for many years. I am eligible for HW upgrade on my line. Will I be able to do this HW upgrade on Friday, 30th of July ? If this is the case will I be able to do that upgrade at Apple store ? If this is the case as well all this means that Apple will be able to access Rogers network and see if I am eligible to upgrade. Also as far as I understand prices will be availalble tommorow. Is this for Rogers pricing or for Apple as well ?

Just thinking on How to plan my early morning on 30th :) Hopefully Rogers will allow HW upgrades on launch date.

Thank you,
Vlad

sblocker

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
is anyone here from kitchener? where will you be lining up? i will either be going to the rogers store in fairview park mall or the rogers plus store on weber. One question though will wireless wave and the telephone booth also have the iphone 4? and will they have alot of stock?

harry454

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
To the poster who said that they will accept cash, credit or debit; does this mean American credit/debit? No limitations there, correct?

Not sure on that part, I am form Canada, hence why I asked for Canadian methods :p, you could goto your bank get your cash exchanged for Canadian?

redrox5

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Chicago
Not sure on that part, I am form Canada, hence why I asked for Canadian methods :p, you could goto your bank get your cash exchanged for Canadian?

I was preferring to purchase on credit (extra miles) and was hoping an American card would do. If buying outright, why would this not apply? I know from iPhone purchases in year's past I have bought an unlocked phone in both France & UK with American cc. It'd be very disappointing if this was not the case in Canada.

Ehlun

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
Will iPhone information go live on the respective carrier's websites yet? It's 8:41pm PDT, meaning it is 11:41 EDT, will the info go live at 12am EDT? :(

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Under 60 bucks taxes included for all carriers.

usually falls under the $50 dollar plans 500mb, some carriers have a choice of unlimited texting. You can probably negotiate free caller id and that will put you under $60 for sure.

Ah okay, thanks! That's good to hear because Bell's site says $50 + $40 for caller id! I didn't feel like paying $90 + tax and other hidden fees

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Will iPhone information go live on the respective carrier's websites yet? It's 8:41pm PDT, meaning it is 11:41 EDT, will the info go live at 12am EDT? :(

I wouldn't count on it. It will most likely go live sometime early in the am like 4 or 5am.

blairo32

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
is anyone here from kitchener? where will you be lining up? i will either be going to the rogers store in fairview park mall or the rogers plus store on weber. One question though will wireless wave and the telephone booth also have the iphone 4? and will they have alot of stock?

Yes sir I will be there...however I'll be going to telus...and if that fails running over to bestbuy. ;)

blairo32

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
I actually got my micro sim today getting ready for friday...cause I wasn't sure if I would order from apple directly or run to the stores..maybe both? sell unlocked one at inflated price :p

Ehlun

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
I wouldn't count on it. It will most likely go live sometime early in the am like 4 or 5am.

Yeah, probably. They just better release some information tomorrow, I'm planning to get my dad to go get the iPhone for me because I have work. Need the information ASAP, so I can call up retentions and possibly get that $30 for 6GB from Telus. :p

Aleks192

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
I actually got my micro sim today getting ready for friday...cause I wasn't sure if I would order from apple directly or run to the stores..maybe both? sell unlocked one at inflated price :p

Where? I went to Bell to get one so I can switch from my blackberry and they said they won't be selling them

urbanj

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
In Vancouver here. Anyone confirm the most units to be at any one store? The Telus in Capilano Mall says they are getting 15. A friend works out in Langley and says the Port Kells one is getting 25 and one in Langley is getting 15. Also they don't have cases for them yet. She said they've been ordered and hope they are there for Friday.

She also said she's going to put one aside for me but I don't know if I can count on that.

sasj15

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2009
Well nothing to say except iPhone got more attention

hopefully it worth it!

Update: the evidence is post number 2000!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.