Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
If you re read the other post you will see I did pre-order it.

Have fun with your leather case listening to your new flock of seagulls album. Does te leather match well with your white suit huh Crockett?

seagulls album? Crockett? Is that what the tweens are calling it these days? Try getting out more instead of obsessing over a bumper. Your post has my friends just cracking up. Got anymore?

BlackedBobby

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
Stuck in the middle

Hey you, yeah you. Hey, hey, HEY! STOP. Quit bickering, please. I am on the pre order list, as are many others reading this thread. These threads provide the source of information on the case I have found. I require the use of this thread to assist in deciding whether or not to continue with my purchase. I would not enjoy to see this thread closed because of a decided lack of decorum/maturity.

I live in a high signal area, I'm hoping for no issues with the case because it's one of the only cases I can stand to look at. I have the ugliest tire tread case on right now, lol I hate it!

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
oh boy...

I think a glossy carbon fiber bumper would be awesome. ;)

It's going from bad to worse. There's clips on youtube showing carbon cases completely destroying a signal on an iPhone.

So it's the vapor, bad and then carbon, even worse.

Someone should sell them cuz there's obviously a ton of people who will throw good money after bad. :rolleyes:

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Larry Greenburg has had his version 2 vapor case since Saturday.
I'd love to see a follow up on his review but it's not on YouTube yet. I feel that Element has to tread very carefully here. If no good reviews are posted over the next 3 months everytime you Google Element something negative will pop up and no company can withstand that dispite their reputation.
It's seems that they are quick to issue refunds and offer replacements. That's a good thing. Anyone who gets a version one should just send it back because it is very flawed. We really need more version 2 info because that's what is being shipped out now. Version 1 was scrapped.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Has anyone actually received a tracking number and not had their package shipped? My tracking number came on the 4th, but still says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper to expect your package for mailing", which means it hasn't been delivered to the USPS. I've even called the Postal Service to confirm. It's not in their system anywhere. And I've had good experience with USPS tracking numbers lately, even having them updated at least one or twice a day. Is this similar to that crap that IvySkin pulled on their cases? Where they generate the tracking numbers so their customers will shut up, but don't actually ship the product for some time?

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Good grief you are such a piece of work. You've ripped on element for weeks and now you think otherwise. Good for you.

My shoes are leather, I have ten leather jackets, my car seats are leather, and yeah my phone is in a leather case that btw does not negatively impact my reception. Kinda basic.

Anyway I'm a woman so no bomber jackets for me and no macho fantasies either. Sheesh.

Enjoy your aluminum shoes.

A-fricken-men.

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Has anyone actually received a tracking number and not had their package shipped? My tracking number came on the 4th, but still says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper to expect your package for mailing", which means it hasn't been delivered to the USPS. I've even called the Postal Service to confirm. It's not in their system anywhere. And I've had good experience with USPS tracking numbers lately, even having them updated at least one or twice a day. Is this similar to that crap that IvySkin pulled on their cases? Where they generate the tracking numbers so their customers will shut up, but don't actually ship the product for some time?

This may or may not be the case. I think that the company is responding to issues as they come up. I believe a lot of redesign efforts are being brought to the table at Element. I wish they had done this before they decided to mass produce it but it is what it is. I'm hoping that the delay will bring us a much better product. Like I said above my order went from awaiting fulfillment to awaiting shipment.That change in status means nothing to me because it still is not in transit. I imagine my next update will go from awaiting shipment to awaiting packaging. lol

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Hey you got a reply. Good news

Still testing it. So far it seems to be okay. No worse than without the case on.

larrygreenberg 1 minute ago

Woot! I know. I just fixed my post. :D

I'm satisfied with that reply, to be honest.

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Woot! I know. I just fixed my post. :D

I'm satisfied with that reply, to be honest.

Me too. I watched a lot of larry's reviews and he is a true gadget lover so I trust his observations. I hope my order gets here soon. I'd like to post the pics of the Black/Pink for the ladies on this thread. I still haven't seen that colour in the wild yet. I have Bl/Bl myself but if it works out I would like to get a silver side piece as well.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Me too. I watched a lot of larry's reviews and he is a true gadget lover so I trust his observations. I hope my order gets here soon. I'd like to post the pics of the Black/Pink for the ladies on this thread. I still haven't seen that colour in the wild yet. I have Bl/Bl myself but if it works out I would like to get a silver side piece as well.

Sweet! I agree... I've been watching his videos and I'm a fan now. Just subscribed. :D

Secondly, I'm still waiting to order. :( I'm going to buy the black/black and hopefully with custom engraving.

angusharris

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Same boat. Got my shipping info last Wednesday and the USPS has no record of the package being received.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
This may or may not be the case. I think that the company is responding to issues as they come up. I believe a lot of redesign efforts are being brought to the table at Element. I wish they had done this before they decided to mass produce it but it is what it is. I'm hoping that the delay will bring us a much better product. Like I said above my order went from awaiting fulfillment to awaiting shipment.That change in status means nothing to me because it still is not in transit. I imagine my next update will go from awaiting shipment to awaiting packaging. lol

Same boat. Got my shipping info last Wednesday and the USPS has no record of the package being received.

I wish it had been done before offering the item for sale as well, but it seems this outfit needed the funds from preorders just to have working capital to start manufacturing the cases. All in all this company has handled this launch very poorly. Total crap, and the product seems to show it in that they are basically sending out "testing samples" to customers and revising the design as they go. I know they've lost my business for good, but I'm not sure they care.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Element Case sending out another round of pre-order emails for those who registered:

Dear Pre-order Customers (Group 4):
We are now ready to accept your Vapor order (ship week begins August 16). As long as the email address on your order matches our pre-order list, your pot in this group is secured.

Colors:
In addition to black/black, black/pink and black/red color options offered to previous groups, we are now releasing black/solar yellow, black/aqua blue, silver/silver and black/silver. You can specify your color option when ordering. Your color selection does not have to match your pre-order.

Carbon Fiber notes:
The carbon fiber backing is an option that protects the back of your iPhone. It is removable and reusable as long as you keep the adhesive clean after removal. It is real aerospace-grade carbon fiber that is very tough and very thin (.015"). This helps keep the Vapor ultra slim. More backing options will be available soon.

To order:
To place your order, visit http://shopelementcase.com/products/Vapor-Case.html and enter a one-time coupon code. You will have 72 hours to make your selection and purchase your case.

For questions regarding your order, please visit our FAQ section, updated daily.

F1 Speed

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
New thread to discuss, review, post pics. Try to stay on topic and objective so it doesent get shut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood15
Yes but that case is leather! What is this 1988? Why don't you grab your bomber jacket and go for a motorcycle ride with your girl huh Maverick? Are you going to throw your shirt off and play a little beach volleyball , you and goose vs the Iceman?...Have fun with your leather case listening to your new flock of seagulls album. Does te leather match well with your white suit huh Crockett?

Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
You guys, in the other locked Element thread Larry did say he was having issues w/ the GPS tho. Might want to go back and look.

He said something like it was showing his location 5 miles away from where he really was and when he took the case off it was correct.

I guess I'll go look. Not really doing anything...:D

ETA: Found it.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/10778904/

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Element Case sending out another round of pre-order emails for those who registered:

We are now ready to accept your Vapor order (ship week begins August 16). As long as the email address on your order matches our pre-order list, your pot in this group is secured.

Colors:
In addition to black/black, black/pink and black/red color options offered to previous groups, we are now releasing black/solar yellow, black/aqua blue, silver/silver and black/silver. You can specify your color option when ordering. Your color selection does not have to match your pre-order.

Carbon Fiber notes:
The carbon fiber backing is an option that protects the back of your iPhone. It is removable and reusable as long as you keep the adhesive clean after removal. It is real aerospace-grade carbon fiber that is very tough and very thin (.015"). This helps keep the Vapor ultra slim. More backing options will be available soon.

To order:
To place your order, visit http://shopelementcase.com/products/Vapor-Case.html and enter a one-time coupon code. You will have 72 hours to make your selection and purchase your case.

For questions regarding your order, please visit our FAQ section, updated daily.

I got that today too. I just wish I could get this case without the name branding. I was really hoping for custom engraving options. :( I guess I was asking a bit too much. LOL.

You guys, in the other locked Element thread Larry did say he was having issues w/ the GPS tho. Might want to go back and look.

He said something like it was showing his location 5 miles away from where he really was and when he took the case off it was correct.

I guess I'll go look. Not really doing anything...:D

ETA: Found it.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/10778904/

And if you also read that thread, he made some notes on version 2 of the case having less of an issue. In fact, if you read a page back in THIS thread, we got confirmation from him today that he is not having an issue with GPS so far on version 2. ;)

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
Just got an email saying i can purchase a capor case.. Question

So ive watched the 1 or 2 review out there on the case, but im hoping there is some others as well who will pop out of the woodwork to answer my question. So i like the case, looks nice ect ect, but my MAIN concern is that gap between the screen and the case, how bad will the dust buildup be and how big is the gap, in the reviews i havent found the best explaination.

I ment Vapor case Not Capor haha

Jashmid

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Got this in my inbox:

Colors:

Carbon Fiber notes:

To order:

To place your order, visit http://shopelementcase.com/products/Vapor-Case.html and enter a one-time coupon code: .... You will have 72 hours to make your selection and purchase your case.

npGqd.jpg

No sim-tray cutout, old headphone jack cutout, no mention of the "other" logo...

I'm not doing business with these morons. Anyone wants my coupon code, PM me. First come first served.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
So ive watched the 1 or 2 review out there on the case, but im hoping there is some others as well who will pop out of the woodwork to answer my question. So i like the case, looks nice ect ect, but my MAIN concern is that gap between the screen and the case, how bad will the dust buildup be and how big is the gap, in the reviews i havent found the best explaination.

Never heard of it. Link?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.