Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Are you noticing that dust, pet hair, etc gets trapped between the case and the phone? Thanks.

I also don't think anyone has had the case long enough for anything to get into the case. Maybe in a month or so, people will report whether or not dust/hair/crap will be getting in between the case.

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
A bunch of these junky cases are listed on Ebay already. Damn they must be great!

What a joke element case has turned out to be:D

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
I recommend boiling in 3 inches of water after bringing the water to a rolling boil. About 2:30 to ensure a quick dry with no water marks you can briefly submerge the bumper in a separate container of bleach.

" And a nice chianti" :D

Sorry man, couldn't help myself. Your post read like a recipe.

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
That's because almost nobody if anybody has one yet! ;) I think that is 99.9% of the problem with the case!

I know! i dont wanna drop 80 bones on something i dont totally like, i suppose i could get it, and if i dont like it send it back for a refund, and i would just be out shipping costs.

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
i got my email from element saying i can order, not sure if im going to. My main concern is that gap between the case and the phone, how much dust does it accumlate, will said dust scratch my phone ect. Anyone?

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
lol @

The inside of the Vapor case is lined with a very high tech shock absorbing material that reduces the G-forces of an impact. It also creates
a non-conductive barrier to help maintain the iPhone's antenna signal strength.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I know! i dont wanna drop 80 bones on something i dont totally like, i suppose i could get it, and if i dont like it send it back for a refund, and i would just be out shipping costs.

did you read this thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/988639/ almost everybody is complaining they don't have it. pretty hard to return something until you have it. ;) plus if it's that hard to get what do you think the return process will be like! :eek:

hidefguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
i got my email from element saying i can order, not sure if im going to. My main concern is that gap between the case and the phone, how much dust does it accumlate, will said dust scratch my phone ect. Anyone?

I have version 1 and after 3 days of use I took off the case just to see if their was a bunch of crap in the case and to my surprise it was very minimal to none. As far as dust scratching the case I don't see how this could happen since the phone is very secure in the case ie no movement.

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
I have version 1 and after 3 days of use I took off the case just to see if their was a bunch of crap in the case and to my surprise it was very minimal to none. As far as dust scratching the case I don't see how this could happen since the phone is very secure in the case ie no movement.

Good, thats the answer i was looking for. I have a SPG matte incredible shield wrapped around the outside anyways, but i still wanted to know. Ill likely place my order, and if i dont like it just return it. The element case site says nothing about a 30 day returnor anything, so it seem slike i can take my time.

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Good, thats the answer i was looking for. I have a SPG matte incredible shield wrapped around the outside anyways, but i still wanted to know. Ill likely place my order, and if i dont like it just return it. The element case site says nothing about a 30 day returnor anything, so it seem slike i can take my time.

Don't think you'd have any problem selling it if you didn't want it either.

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
true, even if i just send it back to element, ill only be out 5-6 dollars for shipping. So why doesnt everyone who isnt sure just do the same? I mean why not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.