Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Hey all,

I've been having a wierd issue with my iphone for the last few weeks, when i call someone or when i get a call, sometimes the person on the other side of the line cannot hear me, I can still hear clearly and they cannot hear me no matter what i do, plugging in headphones doesnt help nor the speakerphone. I tried to reset the phone but it doesn't work. However if i make the call on skype it works fine. This issue is veryyyy frustruating as i have interviews lined up and do not want this peice of junk to ruin it.. any one with the same issues and any solutions ? :(:(:(:(

xyphr3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Same thing happened to me, I took it to the apple store and they tested it, gave me a new phone on the spot. I could facetime, I could make recorded messages, just could not talk to someone directly. New phone works great, no problems.

aandf1978

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2008
Same thing happened to me. Could only hear me using speaker phone. More than likely your mic is screwed and you need a new iphone. Go to an apple store and get a new one.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I'm on my 3rd iPhone (same mic issue) since July, and still no fix for me. I got tired of going to the Genius Bar so I just live with it. It doesn't happen frequently, but when it does it only last a few seconds and it is rather annoying.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
LOL .. the one acting up is my SIXTH replacement.,, don't bother to ask how i ended up replacing them so many times :mad::mad::mad: now i wish i can get out of the contract and switch phones and network at the same time.. i'm just sick and tired of this s*it

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
One-way audio is almost always a network issue.

I'd complain to your carrier.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
My wife and I both used to have this problem all the time with our iPhone 4s on AT&T. It all of a sudden stopped right around the time we upgraded to iOS 4.1. Could be a coincidence, but I haven't had it happen in months. Maybe AT&T fixed something on their end.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
well i haven't had this issue till the last few weeks, and i dont think its a network issue cause none of my friends using other phones on At&t have it. its only with mine.

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
I have the same issue. It just started with my phone. I tried the headset, hard reset, reset all settings and the erase and reset and nothing. Looks like a 2 hours drive to the nearest Apple Store is happening in the morning:mad:

Aaron1021

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Same thing happened to me back in October, and the apple store replaced it. I had originally purchased the phone in July through the att online premier site.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
and I'll re-iterate what I said before, it is almost always a network problem.

It's a well-known issue called one-way audio.

Complain to your provider.

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
and I'll re-iterate what I said before, it is almost always a network problem.

It's a well-known issue called one-way audio.

Complain to your provider.

Nope, firmware problem on some and just had it replaced with some outstanding customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.