Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Congrats, lucky you.

Apple replaces back plates for $29 at their stores???

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Last edited:

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The price sure is. If you drop your iPhone 4 on the floor back first and the BACK GLASS cracks then Apple should fix it for you for $29 dollars.

Last edited:

Athanasia

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
iPhone 4s with cracked screen

Somehow we must have dropped our new 4s and the front of the screen was shattered. First we went to AT&T to get new covers and asked them about replacing the phone. They said no, only apple could do that, plus it would be the cost of a new phone anyway. Since Apple was only a few doors down we went there. We showed the phone to the genius worker who told us that a cracked screen is not covered under warranty and we had to pay a replacement fee of $199.00. We weren't very happy about this, but said OK since we needed a phone, and liked our 4S. After a few minutes the genius guy came back out and said, "Apple has decided to replace your phone at no charge" and gave us a replacement phone." It was not in a case exactly like a new one, but rather a thick black case with some tape around it. The phone inside was just like the one we had, but they kept our broken phone, after having us delete all of our info. ( I'm guessing to refurbish it, but I didn't ask) anyway I was happy they replaced it for no cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.