Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kickskid21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I recently bought a used 3GS that had the 4.1 firmware and 6.15 BB on it. Without thinking, I upgraded to 4.2.1 without saving the SHSH. Now I'm on 4.2.1 with the 6.15 BB and I have the tethered jailbreak and ultrasn0w 1.2 installed. However, I get "No Service" when I enter my T-Mobile SIM card. I've tried everything from Airplane mode to Resetting Network Settings. Can anybody please help me?

kickskid21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah, it is 6.15. I just uninstalled and reinstalled it but that didnt work either.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
I recently bought a used 3GS that had the 4.1 firmware and 6.15 BB on it. Without thinking, I upgraded to 4.2.1 without saving the SHSH.

You wouldn't have been able to save the shsh retroactively anyway.

As far as ultrasn0w try reinstalling ultrasn0w several times, try rebooting several times, try reseating the sim card several times. I've had to do this and it's always worked for me. I've never tried reset network settings so I can't say yay or nay on that method.

kickskid21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Ok, I'll try it. How do I use the "one click" boot in redsn0w? I'm not really understanding the instructions on the Dev team site.

stoidy

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
I recently bought a used 3GS that had the 4.1 firmware and 6.15 BB on it. Without thinking, I upgraded to 4.2.1 without saving the SHSH. Now I'm on 4.2.1 with the 6.15 BB and I have the tethered jailbreak and ultrasn0w 1.2 installed. However, I get "No Service" when I enter my T-Mobile SIM card. I've tried everything from Airplane mode to Resetting Network Settings. Can anybody please help me?

+1

And/Except:

1. I am using a 3g.

2. I don't have ultrasn0w because I don't know what it is AND Cydia is not working. (I'm on a mac and I did my unlock with Pwnage)

3. I did the Network settings reset... and spent the following 2 hours learning about how to get out of Recovery /1015 error mode... no mean feat when you're on 6.15/4.2.1 unlocked and jailbroken. The way I finally got back was to create a new custom restore and make sure not to say yes to the 6.15 - after that it was working again. Not the sim card/phone, just everything else.

So I have this pretty phone with all these goodies (Cydia didn't work after the first jailbreak either - starts for a moment, then just shuts down) and a nice new T-mobile card that works just fine in my 2g. Kinda all dressed up and no place to go.

Help. Please.

stoidy

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
I still haven't got it working...

Nor I.

But I have managed to get it stuck in recovery, stuck in a reboot loop, re-broken with Redsn0w, then pwnage... Cydia NEVER happens...

Basically it looks like I've got an iPod Touch.

totbalazs

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2011
home
421 615 noservice

same prob here-
3GS

no service =(
i reinstalled and removed a thousand times, and still no service (T mob card)

nobody?

damonsmith

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
i got your problem

same prob here-
3GS

no service =(
i reinstalled and removed a thousand times, and still no service (T mob card)

nobody?
i had mine new off ebay it was locked to 02 so i had it unlocked. wen unlocked it went from 5.0 to 4.2.1 and wen i snyced it to i tunes it wanted to up date it. so i did. after that it went back to the same. i have tried to unlock it again at the shop and the gezzer said it has but wen i put all types of sims in it still says no service. but the carrier says vodafone uk 8.0. wot that mean
please help as it is my lil boys present thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.