Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gimmeiphone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
changed password twice and still no dice, cant buy an apps or anything, anyone else have this problem?

gimmeiphone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
iv emailed earlier today but no response yet, not sure why its happened? hope its not because iv jailbroken lol

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Calling Apple likely won't help as there is no phone support for the iTunes Store. Use the email webform a few links down in the Get Customer Service area @ http://www.apple.com/support/itunes to contact iTunes Support and find out what caused your account to be disabled.

Pheelyx

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Arkansas
Same thing happened to me a few days ago but a password reset fixed it. Hopefully they will email you to let you know what's going on. I also didn't receive any email why they disabled my account.

My iTunes was hacked a few weeks ago and they had to refund about $60 of my gift card balance. I'm thinking they might be forcibly making me change my password on a regular basis now.

gimmeiphone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
doesnt even say why just it has been disabled, changed password no success :s

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Mine is doing the same thing. I can't download any apps on my new verizon phone. I reset the passwords 3 times and still can't log in. My account was use fraudulently a month ago and they purchased a $50 itunes card while logged into my account. Apple credited me the $50, but now I can't log in.

madcapslaugh

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2006
cant find webform

Calling Apple likely won't help as there is no phone support for the iTunes Store. Use the email webform a few links down in the Get Customer Service area @ http://www.apple.com/support/itunes to contact iTunes Support and find out what caused your account to be disabled.

can you give more detailed instructions on how to write to apple. my account has been disabled for a few days now, and reseting the password gives no luck

i got no email from apple, i want to write to them, but cant find where on the site using this link http://www.apple.com/support/itunes

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Just go this too, was fine on Sunday, actually was fine yesterday as got an app on iPhone, but today have the "you apple id has been disabled" message. Have reset password but no luck, and have now emailed support.

No jailbreak, no known fraudulent use of account?!?!?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
On the link I provided, choose iTunes Store Account and Billing under the Get Customer Service area, and any of the subcategories. Above the links to support articles will be a silver button labeled Email Us. Click that to be taken to a webform where you can contact iTunes support. Allow up to 24 hours for a response. Do not send multiple support requests in the same 24 hour period, this will further delay any response to your initial email.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Is the Apple id registered in the same country you live in? If it isn't it is likely Apple had disabled the account based on the fact the account is registered in the wrong country.

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Mines definitely a UK account and I live in UK!

edit: My other iTunes account is also disabled?!?! WTF!

Very confused and annoyed right now.

Last edited:

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I just received this response from support. I can't believe the process could take several days for the possibility of enabling my account. I have hundreds of dollars worth of applications at stake.:mad:

I will use the information you provide to investigate the possibility of enabling your account. Please note this investigation could take several days. I will keep you updated. Your patience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for being a valued iTunes Store customer.

Sincerely,

Mandeep
iTunes Store Customer Support

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I just received this response from support. I can't believe the process could take several days for the possibility of enabling my account.

What sucks more is that you will only get a response based on the person's (who randomly received your email) schedule. A few months ago I had to contact iTunes support, I sent an email on Sunday evening, and got a response on Monday morning asking me to reply before 2pm (central) since he was going to be off on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you've never contacted iTunes support before.

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
I just received this response from support. I can't believe the process could take several days for the possibility of enabling my account. I have hundreds of dollars worth of applications at stake.:mad:

I will use the information you provide to investigate the possibility of enabling your account. Please note this investigation could take several days. I will keep you updated. Your patience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mandeep

Well, they can't guarantee your account will be fixed until they investigate why it was disabled. If you haven't done anything wrong, it will be reactivated.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
For a company with such excellent support in their stores, it's a shame their iTunes support is quite possibly the worst.

Then again, iTunes itself is slow, bloated junk.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
UK Here; kicked out of gamecenter today can't login with original details and asks me to use the original email address for a new account.
i also had an issue with the app store earlier but forgot what it was :eek:

JB'd. hope this isn't a lockdown..

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
UK Here; kicked out of gamecenter today can't login with original details and asks me to use the original email address for a new account.
i also had an issue with the app store earlier but forgot what it was :eek:

JB'd. hope this isn't a lockdown..

I have a feeling Apple is having server problems lately. I had the same Gamecenter problem over the weekend.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Well, they can't guarantee your account will be fixed until they investigate why it was disabled. If you haven't done anything wrong, it will be reactivated.

My problem is in the time it takes to investigate with zero phone support options.

Might have to jailbreak just to get some apps :(

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Having contacted support via email yesterday woke up to a reply today confirming my account has been reactivated, no explanation as to what happened but all is working now :)

Now, about my US account....

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
6 days now and another response. The person working on my issue was not feeling well. This is absolutely terrible. I'm locked out of downloading any apps/movies/music on my mac, ipad, apple tv, and iphone.

Here is the latest response today.

Let me first apologize for the delay in getting a response to your inquiry, I was not feeling well so I have to take my day off. I hope you will not mind this.

I understand you are still unable to use your iTunes account as it is disabled. I can certainly see how this could be disappointing for you.

Jeff, I have already forwarded your issue and it is taking time. On your request I am again I am again forwarding your issue. You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available.

Thank you for your patience. Apple wants your iTunes experience to be as enjoyable as possible.

Sincerely,

Mandeep

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.