Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
:mad:I just got my new MBA, not refusrbished. But when I turn it on for the first time to do the set up, there's a big line across the screen (about 2 inches wide). Now I have to send the whole thing back and wait for the replacement:mad:. Any ideas?

Last edited:

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
:mad:I just got my new MBA, not refusrbished. But when I turn it on for the first time to do the set up, there's a big line across the screen (about 2 inches wide). Now I have to send the whole thing back and wait for the replacement:mad:. Any ideas?

take it to an apple store. they'll give you a new one.

jksu

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
take it to an apple store. they'll give you a new one.

jksu

I ordered it from J&R.com because it saved me almost $200 for the tax. I'm just going ot send it back to them and I just ordered a replacement with one day shipping. :)

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
Did you add any customizations to your MBA? Then it's a BTO or "Built to Order".

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
I ordered it from J&R.com because it saved me almost $200 for the tax. I'm just going ot send it back to them and I just ordered a replacement with one day shipping. :)

doesn't matter .. take it to apple store and see if they'll switch it out for ya

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
As long as they are willing to exchange it, then do it thru your seller. But, apple store will take care of it as well.

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Did you add any customizations to your MBA? Then it's a BTO or "Built to Order".

I don't know if you consider this BTO. Here's the specs:

13.3 inch
Intel Core 2 Duo
2.18GHz Processor
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
To All that suggest to take it to the apple store:

The closest Apple store is about one hour away from me. And I am also afraid that they will just repair it instead of exchanging it, and who kows if they have the one that I want it in stock. So I just ordered the exact same one from the same company and pay an extra $30 for expedited shipping. The total was $1,779.98, and I think its still worth it.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Apple Store won't exchange it, they have zero incentive to do so and how do they accept it in their inventory?

I wonder which store you need to go to get your warranty claim. I think it's apple store.

Yes, I bought my iphone from best buy and had issues. Apple store took it back and exchanged for a new one without any questions.
Same thing goes for my MBP.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011

For future reference, this probably didn't require 4 "helps" and an "asap". Nobody's dying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.