Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Thanks! I bought the beta the other month and didn't know it had gone final.

Bleh. I have a Track IR 5 -- which I bought specifically for this sim, but do to a factory defect it, I had to RMA it back to NaturalPoint. They received it almost a MONTH ago and I have yet to hear anything back. =|

Yeah, use Bootcamp miles01110. But for this sim, it's better to just build a PC. :)

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I'll admit - this is getting me a bit chubbed. I think I'll build a PC for it.

BubbaMc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
I think I'll build one too.

TrackIR is a must have accessory, definitely. Also a triple head setup would be awesome.

BubbaMc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Another must have accessory, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog;

Thrustmaster-Presents-the-HOTAS-WARTHOG-Realistic-Control-Joystick.jpg

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
If I had even mentioned that I wanted that joystick, my wife would have frowned on me BIG time.

Anyways, my wallet yelled at me and I went the safe-CHEAPER-route and bought a CH FighterStick and CH Pro Throttle, but that also allowed me to slip in the Track IR 5, and the game.

But I'm still quite tempted, especially because this sim is so awesome and I just don't know what I could be missing out on? :eek:

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
HOLY CRAP! An actual use for my iPad outside of dev! :eek:

Not sure where I'm going to put it though, as I have a G25 Racing wheel in front of my keyboard. Speaking of which, with LockOn, I can use my wheel for force feedback -- which is actually pretty cool, as it shakes the desk, but in the beta of A-10, even though the options were there, it didn't work, so hopefully the final works now.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I bought Touch IR+. It's $4.99, but it can be used to control any app from what I'm gathered, so I'm thinking about how it can make Dragon Age and Warcraft 3 better -- I already have a G13 keypad, so it might not offer anything.

Here's a direct link to DCS A10 iPad Pit;
http://www.lx200gps.nl/

1.2 is ready for download and use. Now if only my Track IR 5 were here. :(

Last edited:

xray328

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
This a huge file and I can't seem to get transfer speed above 42kb/sec even as a torrent despite having a 13 Mbps connection. Anyone else having that problem?

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
This a huge file and I can't seem to get transfer speed above 42kb/sec even as a torrent despite having a 13 Mbps connection. Anyone else having that problem?

I've only used their FTPs, which normally takes about one or two hours for me to download all 4 files, which I've done a couple of times.

I guess there's not enough seeders for the torrent?

BubbaMc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010

I was getting 510kb/s at times, from a 4Mbps connection. Hang in there, it'll go up.

Nik73

macrumors regular
May 26, 2006
UK
I picked this up in a steam sale recently and it is very impressive, but I'm running into a few problems with the keyboard controls. It seems to us EVERY key on the keyboard including things like home, pgdn, pgup, left ctrl, right ctrl, left shift, right shift, etc.
Since I'm playing on an imac keyboard it's a bit of a struggle as half these are missing and I can't even get all the engines started!! I was going to redefine the keys, but every one is used for something! I know there is alternative combo key presses for some keys on a full keyboard, but not them all. Anyone know a way round this? Thanks. :)

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
I picked this up in a steam sale recently and it is very impressive, but I'm running into a few problems with the keyboard controls. It seems to us EVERY key on the keyboard including things like home, pgdn, pgup, left ctrl, right ctrl, left shift, right shift, etc.
Since I'm playing on an imac keyboard it's a bit of a struggle as half these are missing and I can't even get all the engines started!! I was going to redefine the keys, but every one is used for something! I know there is alternative combo key presses for some keys on a full keyboard, but not them all. Anyone know a way round this? Thanks. :)

Buy a $15 PC keyboard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.