Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

151652-image_500.jpg

Steven let us know about his unique use for the iPad 2 Smart Cover. Try at your own risk.

Article Link: iPad 2 + Smart Cover = Refrigerator Magnet?

djon41

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
Dangerous move.

While waiting in line at the SXSW pop-up Apple Store, an employee was walking up the line with a show model to let people handle before going in (it was Saturday after launch day) and the person in front of me in line held it up in a similar manner, which somehow resulted in the ipad detaching and crashing to the sidewalk where it tumbled another few feet before stopping. It came out of it with nary a scratch, fortunately. (I really have no idea how, it looked and sounded like a really bad fall)

Surklyn

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2009
Oh, cool. Great use - maybe keep recipes on there?

Like a recipe for disaster!!!

Omg I am dying!! Lol!! Too funny! On a side note, gizmodo is reporting that a wifi ipad2 tethered to an iPhone uses the iPhones a-gps chip. That's great news for those who have iPhones and don't want to shell out $130 for the 3G version

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Scary! But you know, someone could sell a magnet bar that stays on the fridge and holds the iPad’s bottom edge, and then it MIGHT be pretty secure. Maybe.

Friscohoya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Oaktown
Some people dont even have their IP2's yet and this guy is clowining around with his. Fortunately I am not in that boat.

Hahahaha....IP2

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
Someone needs to get in here with GarageBand on their iPad 2 so that we can get a "Ba-dum Chaaaaaaaaaaa" after each of the jokes.

It's like open mic night in here. :D

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Scary! But you know, someone could sell a magnet bar that stays on the fridge and holds the iPad’s bottom edge, and then it MIGHT be pretty secure. Maybe.

Generally, I like to keep magnets FAR AWAY from my electronic devices, especially those with a screen.

Of course, ipad 2 has been designed to be used with special magnets in specific places. But I'd be concerned to keep all other magnets away from the ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.