Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Chip NoVaMac said:
Too frightening for us "liberals" here. :D

Life gets a lot easier when you realize:
Capital punishment for everything! Once word gets around, people will stop breaking the law. And people will also be out of jails and such, keeping our tax dollars going towards something like webservers for the general masses.

Steal a pencil? Get shot. Makes perfect sense!

:rolleyes:

Oh, wait... </sarcasm>

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I'm sure Mudbug will figure it out, but this method probably wouldn't work...
Going for a Free MacRumors Mini Mod Membership Account!

The ULTIMATE SKINNY On How To Get Your Own FREE MacRumors Mini Mod Membership Account!

Only TEN (10) referrals required to complete one trial offer!

NO Hidden Fees of Any Kind. NO Spam. NO Countless emails.

It took me less than one month to complete my offer for my first MacRumors Mini Mod Membership Account! THIS LINK is the fastest way to get started:

http://www.FreeMacRumorsMiniModMembershipAccounts.com/r=macrumorswannabe

SEVEN EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW:

1.) First, get yourself a free e-mail account with either Yahoo or Google. You will need this to register on the site for the Mini Mod Membership Account. You can use your own e-mail if you wish, but I found it best to use another, because you might receive some junk mail.

2.) Second, click on this link http://www.FreeMacRumorsMiniModMembershipAccounts.com/r=macrumorswannabe or copy and paste it to your browser. This will take you to the website where you can sign up for the Mini Mod Membership Account.

3.) When you get to the website, register using the e-mail account you created and a password of your choosing. Enter in the required information the site asks such as your address and name. This is so they will know who and where the Mini Mod Membership Account should be sent. Don't worry, it's 100% secure.

4.) Now, after registering, you will see a list of offers from different companies on the website like BigHairyMenOnVideo and NerdClub. Sign up for one of these offers. Many of them offer a free two week trial, after which you can cancel if you don't like it. I like the BigHairyMenOnVideo offer, not only is it the easiest with the least amount of obligation, but they actually give you two coupons for free movie or game rentals at any local BigHairyMenOnVideo. (A friend of mine chose to buy refills for my KY Jelly Dispenser since she needed them anyways and could save money this way).

5.) After you complete one of the offers, check your e-mail account that you used to register with the site. There will be a confirmation e-mail from the free Mini Mod Membership Account website asking you to verify your account that you signed up for. Save this e-mail, it contains some important information that you will need. There should also be an e-mail from the offer that you signed up for, save that one as well.

6.) Once you have completed the five previous steps, all you have to do is get TEN (10) other people to sign up and do the same using YOUR REFERRAL LINK (will be provided by the Mini Mod Membership Account website). I know it sounds impossible, but it's actually quite easy once you begin. Believe me, it's worth it. All it takes is a little motivation and some free time. You should be able to get a good amount of people to sign up, just be creative.

REMEMBER: Keep checking your "Status" and it will keep you posted as to when you have completed your "offer" (meaning when you have completed your trial offer subscription), how many people join from your referral link and how many people fully complete their "offer" (meaning how many people that used your referral link have completed their trial offer subscription and have motivated 10 other people to do the same).** It's fun to keep checking your Status Page as more and more friends sign up and complete their offer!

7.) Once your Status page tells you that 10 people have completed their offers, you then click a button asking for "authentification" - (they double check to make sure you did not make up fake email addresses and fake leads, that the 10 leads you have are valid people) this takes about 3-5 days. Once they Authenticate you, you will see a button on your status page telling you that you have been authenticated and that you can claim your Mini Mod Membership Account - this takes another week or so.

If you have any further questions, just e-mail me at macrumorswannabe@iamnotgod.com and I will do my best to help you out. Just click on http://www.FreeMacRumorsMiniModMembershipAccounts.com/r=macrumorswannabe, and the website should be able to answer any questions you may have.

THIS LINK is the fastest way to get started: http://www.FreeMacRumorsMiniModMembershipAccounts.com/r=macrumorswannabe

Best of luck to you and thank you for taking advantage of my quick and easy referral link!

Please do enjoy and have a safe New Year!

- A MacRumors Mini Mod Membership Account User (soon!)
So many examples in the wasteland to choose from...
attachment.php

Dalriada

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2004
Moorlough Shore
AmigoMac said:
weren't we talking about European/Asian Mods... :confused:

Exactly, I second some earlier comment that a European mod is becoming more necessary and the UK seems a relevant place as Apple Europe HQ heading also in that direction. As a regular reader on this forum my vote certainly goes to E

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Now is my turn....

One of the things that I see hapening is that (and for the last year) Apple news are not that big any more, I mean, there is not that excitment and the main object of the site is a bit lost.

Then, there was a thread the other day about "bacon". I have nothing about strange topics but many of them are getting way too dumb and that affect the image and the seriousness of the community as a intelectual group of people.

Macrumors is becoming a place to spare time, in other words "I am bored, let me hang out in the site".

I created a thread the other day asking for peopl'es degrees and age if you all remember well, just because I wanted to see the profile of most of the users here. Many are over 25 with mayors but usually the one writting silly things are kids most of the time.

In my experience, Arn and who ever else manage the site, should take a time to create again the profile of the visitors and topics we should manage around here.

I do not mean deleteing a thread because I am asking vniow her phone number (because that was actually funny) but fore real, some one saying "Oh I love you Apple" is was too corny and anybody with some brain would leave this place because is way too childish.

I do not know about mods but we guide lines things would be better and I think they should be reviwed every once in a while.

Moderators elections... it is complicated because in my case an "I love you Apple" is a comment that should be deleted before some sarcastic comment... as long this one does not end up in a dog fight of course.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
mymemory said:
I have nothing about strange topics but many of them are getting way too dumb and that affect the image and the seriousness of the community as a intelectual group of people.

Serious high-minded intellectuals need to have fun sometimes, too.
Always remember, this is a community of all sorts of people.

Eternal speculation on a G5 powerbook and answering endless questions on the Mini and suitable monitors must occasionally give way to the serious issues of life... like bacon.

You don't have to read these threads, or participate.
If you only want to do the Mac stuff, don't go into the community forums...

mymemory said:
I do not mean deleteing a thread because I am asking vniow her phone number (because that was actually funny)

Funny to you. Perhaps not to other people...

But overall, I fail to see what your entire post has to do with the topic which is about delegating some limited authority to some long-term trusted members.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
What is the ratio of Mods to Members, has the member population outgrown the number of mods, that should determine how many more mods need to be added.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
edesignuk said:
As I recall it wasn't very funny to quite a few people...

You can not recall anything because I have never asked her for her phone number. And be sure you are not going to be a mod, that just would represent the worst degradation in this comunity.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Blue Velvet said:
Serious high-minded intellectuals need to have fun sometimes, too.
Always remember, this is a community of all sorts of people.

Eternal speculation on a G5 powerbook and answering endless questions on the Mini and suitable monitors must occasionally give way to the serious issues of life... like bacon.

You don't have to read these threads, or participate.
If you only want to do the Mac stuff, don't go into the community forums...

But overall, I fail to see what your entire post has to do with the topic which is about delegating some limited authority to some long-term trusted members.

Probably because you consider yourself as a "Serious high-minded intellectual" you missed the point obviously.

IMAGE DUDE... IMAGE! and GUIDE LINES. Take the chnace to read my post again and let you "high-minded" to get the point.

I mean, a Mod can not delete a post just because he/she consider is not appropiate... based on what?

My point with Vniow and the other comment was exactly that "High-minded people", you can not go around being so subjective about people topics.

Where are the guide lines? and where are the guide lines for the mods?

I actually think that would be a good idea for the Moderators to have a public section inside the site where they should post a record of therads/post deleted and the reason, so we can have a profile of what is going on, IF that is the case. Just records, no discusions, discusions can go in a separate section I assume.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
mymemory said:
You can not recall anything because I have never asked her for her phone number.
I recall the thread (maybe threads) where you were hassling vniow (though not the details of it admittedly), and as you've just seen from vniov's response to your earlier post, it most certainly was not deemed "actually funny" by those invloved.
And be sure you are not going to be a mod, that just would represent the worst degradation in this comunity.
You've got your opinion, just as well it will have no impact on the outcome of all of this (just the same as anyone else's won't - this should be and admin decision).

Anyway, your need to have a dig at me has taken this thread well of course, back on topic...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
mymemory said:
I actually think that would be a good idea for the Moderators to have a public section inside the site where they should post a record of therads/post deleted and the reason, so we can have a profile of what is going on, IF that is the case. Just records, no discusions, discusions can go in a separate section I assume.
Apparently you have no idea about how much work commenting on every single mod/admin action would be :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.