Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
I heard back from Pad and Quill. They said that they have had a problem with some of the cases warping which causes them not to fit as well. I tried to work with mine a bit to no avail and thus am returning it for a new one. I will use the smart cover until a new case arrives. They assured me that they are trying their best to rectify this problem and are not sending any new cases out until early next week to make sure the cases are up to their standards before sending them out.

BTW, I only had my case for 2 weeks and the first week it fit perfectly and then gradually lost its snugness over that time. I never dropped it and I think it only left my house once so it was not a "wear and tear" isssue.

Good to hear stlowe! I just love mine and i don't think i could use my ipad w/o it! :D at least they are fixing and are aware of the issue.

Jhutchings

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
I heard back from Pad and Quill. They said that they have had a problem with some of the cases warping which causes them not to fit as well. I tried to work with mine a bit to no avail and thus am returning it for a new one. I will use the smart cover until a new case arrives. They assured me that they are trying their best to rectify this problem and are not sending any new cases out until early next week to make sure the cases are up to their standards before sending them out.

BTW, I only had my case for 2 weeks and the first week it fit perfectly and then gradually lost its snugness over that time. I never dropped it and I think it only left my house once so it was not a "wear and tear" isssue.

I am on my second case. The first one got loose within a week. They sent me a second one, it was very tight for a week and a half, now the left top corner is very loose. At this point I hate to ask for another one.

stlowe

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
I am on my second case. The first one got loose within a week. They sent me a second one, it was very tight for a week and a half, now the left top corner is very loose. At this point I hate to ask for another one.[/QUOTE

Brian from P and Q stated that this has been a problem in about 2% of the cases. I guess we were part of the lucky few. I am sure your case will be fine Clovis as we likely account for the 2%. Sounds like they are trying to fix this problem ASAP.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
I am on my second case. The first one got loose within a week. They sent me a second one, it was very tight for a week and a half, now the left top corner is very loose. At this point I hate to ask for another one.[/QUOTE

Brian from P and Q stated that this has been a problem in about 2% of the cases. I guess we were part of the lucky few. I am sure your case will be fine Clovis as we likely account for the 2%. Sounds like they are trying to fix this problem ASAP.

Thanks stlowe! :)

stlowe

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
No problem Clovis---sorry if I made you worry a little. I think I just had a bad case. They are sending me out a new one next week. How do you like your blue one? I see you posted pics. I had a red one before but I think I am going to get a blue one this time.

Take care!

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
No problem Clovis---sorry if I made you worry a little. I think I just had a bad case. They are sending me out a new one next week. How do you like your blue one? I see you posted pics. I had a red one before but I think I am going to get a blue one this time.

Take care!

I got the red with the inside pocket. I was thinking about the blue one before but opted for the red. Kinda look more like a book with the red bookmark hanging down. :p

Good to know that your getting a new case!

stlowe

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
Just to follow-up. Pad and Quill sent me a new Octavo case after my first one did not fit properly and the fit is perfect. Kudos to a company that stands behind their products and addresses any problems quickly. This is what customer service is all about. Good work, Pad and Quill:)

comixster

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
also got mine last monday! Overall, I'm happy with this product. It stands in both portrait and lanscape modes.

I don't know if anyone experience the same thing but there seems to be some kind of play in the bind part and I'm having a hard time inserting a regular earphone through the case but aside from those, I'm quite happy with the case.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Just to follow-up. Pad and Quill sent me a new Octavo case after my first one did not fit properly and the fit is perfect. Kudos to a company that stands behind their products and addresses any problems quickly. This is what customer service is all about. Good work, Pad and Quill:)

Good to hear stlowe! my case is still tight :eek: as when i got it.

also got mine last monday! Overall, I'm happy with this product. It stands in both portrait and lanscape modes.

I don't know if anyone experience the same thing but there seems to be some kind of play in the bind part and I'm having a hard time inserting a regular earphone through the case but aside from those, I'm quite happy with the case.

are you using an L shape headphones?

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
I know this thread's been quiet a while, but I just got my octavo and I love it! I bought it and the cardinal case at the same time. The cardinal case pales in comparison. I'm very happy with this case. I hope that those of you who had issues have had them resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
As is, this company fulfills with the least drama and solid quality.. The TG can be had with more options and colors and the portenzo is well made but pretty basic too. Both have had fulfillment problems. P&Q just gets the order and ships it with no drama or followup needed. I respect this company and their case a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.