Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Black Swan- Outstanding. NP deserved Best Actress. Might not be everyone's cup of tea.

MV5BNzY2NzI4OTE5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjMyNDY4Mw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Watching Hereafter right now. It is bad, well I don't think it. It is so bad I am on MacRumors right now while it is still playing.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Last night I watched How to Train Your Dragon for the first time.

It's a nice feel-good movie that everyone can relate too.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Tonight I watched Sanctum. Boy, quite the intense film. A couple of scenes where you are just like, "wow, they went there...!"

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just got back from seeing X-Men First Class and saw Kung Fu Panda 2 on Wednesday with my two boys. X-Men was good. Of course, like most comic book movies, it strayed from the original story. But, hey, it's a totally different thing and I think movies like it sort of have to be allowed to stand on their own and appreciated as such.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was quite enjoyable as well.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I took my family to see Kung Fu Panda 2 last night. We had a good time. The film was pretty good.

I'll rent this. :)

Just got back from seeing X-Men First Class and saw Kung Fu Panda 2 on Wednesday with my two boys. X-Men was good. Of course, like most comic book movies, it strayed from the original story. But, hey, it's a totally different thing and I think movies like it sort of have to be allowed to stand on their own and appreciated as such.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was quite enjoyable as well.

We are going to see a movie today and it will be a coin toss between POTC:On Strange Tides and XMen.

Recently we watched, I am Number Four about aliens living on Earth. It was watchable but only worthy of rental. And Surrogates, a mostly forgettable Bruce Willis movie, the setting is people living their lives at home on the couch linked to their surrogate robots who are out and about in the real world. Of course all surrogates are young and beautiful. spoiler>The conflict is when two surrogates are destroyed with a weapon that manages to kill the operator at home.<end spoiler.

MV5BMjEzMTU5OTY0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA0NjA3Mg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

MV5BMjI0NDI1MTMyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMzMTcyNA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Last edited:

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Hangover 2 - Pretty funny, not quite as good as the first imo....

X-Men First Class - Awesome, really loved this one, probably the best x-men movie yet!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hangover 2 - Pretty funny, not quite as good as the first imo....

X-Men First Class - Awesome, really loved this one, probably the best x-men movie yet!

Looking forward to XMen at the end of this coming week. As part of the give and take of marriage, I let my wife choose and we ended up seeing POTC.

If you are in love with Jack Sparrow and his cute little run, and generic sword fights where you don't give much of a damn who wins, maybe this movie is for you. But for me it was so much been there, done that, and the story is not that strong either. Warning it was PU! And the theater was packed. I am so done with this franchise. :p

Curious Case of Benjamin Button- Excellent.

MV5BMTkyMDc2MDAxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI2NDQzMg@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Anyone disappointed in X-Men First Class? Saw it today. I've seen all five X-Men movies. The first two were excellent, the third was ok. The Wolverine Origins movie was splendid reviving the series, but I can't help wonder what happened in this case. I've said all along that I've never been happy with the story liberties taken with the X-Men movies, but setting that aside, I've always thought the movies were excellent alternate realities until now. Without going into spoiler territory I'll stop here.

This and Pirates of the Caribbean are two strikes. Now I'm still hoping Super 8 will be good. :) :(

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
^ If you haven't done so already then why not start a *spoiler* discussion thread on the movie so those of us who have seen it can chime in without taking this thread too much off topic.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Saw Super 8 today. Not exactly what I expected, but the best of the 3 Summer movies I've seen in the last month. (Pirates, X-Men) A visually impressive occurrence at the beginning of this movie gets the ball rolling. I'll give it a 3.5/5.

Kids have a huge profile in this movie not unlike Spielberg's ET. In some ways it feels like ET, but this is not ET and the entity involved is deadly. The movie looses some of it's edge at the ending imo, but others may feel differently about it. After all it is rated PG-13 so there are big walls that keep it separate from what could be an extremely gruesome horror movie. I took my 10 year old Grandson to it and he had no problems with it. The imagery is strong so some 10 year olds might not do as well. :)

MV5BMTM5NzkxMzQ5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYwMTA3NA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
This has been the summer of too many movies for me.

Thor was pretty cool.

Bridesmaids was great.

I really liked Super 8. Stay for the credits.

X-Men was the best of the series, as far as I'm concerned.

POTC, meh

Transformers ... You probably should hate it, but if you go expecting a big robot fight, you'll be satisfied with what you get. I hate that so much takes place in DC but a big whoop-ass scene has I-88 prominent. It's all computer generated people? Why couldn't it have been 395?

mt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.