Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
Yesterday:
Morning Glory with Rachel McAdams & Harrsion Ford. Not bad. Wouldn't watch it again though.

Today:
I watched the the Karate Kid remake earlier. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad and I was dead set against it. Jaden Smith has a bright future, imo.

Then, I followed that up with Youth In Revolt and fell asleep on it. Man, I can't stand Michael Cera.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Just watched Kick Ass today and loved it. I didn't read any reviews or see any real trailers before hand so it was a surprise. Loved the action and the story wasn't all that bad.

Very good action scenes though.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just watched Kick Ass today and loved it. I didn't read any reviews or see any real trailers before hand so it was a surprise. Loved the action and the story wasn't all that bad.

Very good action scenes though.

That's on my "To See List". :)

Just watched Vicky Christina Barcelona, I found this to be an outstanding human comedy (but not comedy) and I was pleasantly surprised when I learned it was directed by Woody Allen. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Unstoppable- not great but a surprisingly good movie about a train that gets away from it's handlers. Enjoyable. Chris Pine played Kirk's young Dad in the StarTrek reboot.

MV5BMjI4NDQwMDM0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY1ODMwNA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
Working my way though Mission: Impossible - Season 1 on Netflix.

I used to own it on DVD and last time I watched all the episodes was a year or so ago. Steven Hill was hard to beat as Briggs. I sure wish he did more than one season.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I've heard good things about it, but I can't bring myself to watch it. Dudley Moore defined that role, and Russell Brand comes off like too much of a choad.

Russell Brand fits the role because he is an alcoholic in real life lol.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
"Amadeus, the Director's Cut".

At three hours, kinda long and draggy. Opera scenes go on forever. I can see why the studio cut it. "Too many notes." :D

I'd keep the topless Elizabeth Berridge footage in, though.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Last night, "...and Justice for All." with Al Pacino.

Seen it several times before, but the final courtroom scene is still flat-out amazing. :cool:

Pretty impressive movie. spoiler>You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order! That man, that sick, crazy, depraved man, raped and beat that woman there, and he'd like to do it again! He *told* me so! It's just a show! It's a show! It's "Let's Make A Deal"! "Let's Make A Deal"! Hey Frank, you wanna "Make A Deal"? I got an insane judge who likes to beat the **** out of women! Whaddya wanna gimme Frank, 3 weeks probation? <end spoiler.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Seen that, lots of over the top acting.

I prefer the denouement in Absence of Malice.

Much better acting, all round.

I still liked it. :) What about The Verdict, Paul Newman, washed up alcoholic lawyer? On my list to see again.

Recently saw Little Big Man as good as I remembered it. I really disliked the Army's concept (as portrayed) of sparing women and children...

Knowing- Nicolas Cage thriller, hmm, watchable, happy or unhappy ending depending on your perspective.

Arregaithel

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2011
Well I am watching "The Chronicles of Narnia " . I can not forget this beautiful movie in my life . I will suggest other people to watch it once .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.