Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Several blogs and other pages were reporting a few hours ago that the G+ app was finally up, giving a link - but now none of the links work, and it doesn't come up if I search the app store for google. Anyone know if/why it was pulled already? G+ is less than great to use in an iPad browser right now, I've been eagerly awaiting the app!

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
Was there actually an ipad version, or was it universal?

The one I DL'd was iphone only (in fact, specifically stated it was not supported on the iPad2 when I tried to install). Would love an ipad version.

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
According to this G+ post by a Google staffer When it first went live a beta version was seeded. They corrected it, but for me, it's still not showing up in search, it's not showing in the alpha listing for apps released today, AND it's not showing up on Google's Dev page. I have an iPad 2, but it shouldn't matter, I can see every other iPhone app, and use them. Even direct links like this don't work when launched from my iPad. I just get "Your request could not be completed". Weird...

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
It's now the top most downloaded app and it was only live for a few hours. When the he'll is it coming back?!!

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
I got the app and it doesn't crash on me like many people have said. U haven't had crashed once.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I hope that was a joke. You haven't needed an invite for Google+ for ages now. Just a Google account.

They limited it to invite only again did they not? I had to get an invite and I got my account set up a few days ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.