Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

That's hilarious. Mapple? Do they carry iPhonies?

yauzers619

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

A copy that just isn't right. This is how I feel about a lot if things in China.

The new Chinese stealth fighter http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12266973.

All the wares (DVDs, spoof luxary items) you see walking through Shenzen.

The day that China truely innovates, is the day we are really in trouble.

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
9af9e1268b25d2dcdf98-L.jpg

Zubba

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
Only western vanity makes it wrong in any way.

It's a different culture with different values, and one I respect more than our own faux democracy.

It's wrong in every way. Since you obviously can't understand the concept of why that is, I'll explain in as simple a terms as can be mustered. The idea of intellectual property has been the foundation that provides us with the impetus to develop new technologies and advancements. If a business can't reap the rewards of its research, there is less of an incentive to develop anything new. The system has been the reason why we've seen an explosion of discoveries and innovations over the last two hundred years.

Before you go off and espouse some sort of moral high ground with a love for Chinese culture, consider the fact that nearly all the significant innovations of the modern world have been developed in the west, under cultures that value the idea of intellectual property.

China's great contribution to modern man has been cheap labor and a new twist on totalitarianism. Here's hoping they can learn to appreciate the value of intellectual property, and actually contribute to the spirit of innovation instead of being limited to the reproduction of the ideas of another.

MCP-511

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2010
Fake store but real Apple prices. Probably make a lot doing that in a short amount of time. :eek:

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
To all those people who criticize Apple for protecting their patents, trademarks, intellectual property, etc: "This is what would happen if you don't!"

Last edited:

Deedolito

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
Comments like "ooh it's a different culture...who can blame them" make me sick. Been over there and they know exactly what they are doing.

This is so lame... hope they get shut down ASAP.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

9to5mac ran the same story yesterday. However, a lot of their commenters said it was a third-party reseller store. Don't know if that's true or not. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1RD7l30frtEJ:9to5mac.com/2011/07/19/chinas-fake-apple-store/

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
This is the reason why I never buy anything in China.
Who knows one day they might put harmful chemicals on the surface of a fake MacBook and when your fingers touch it, it would be burned, like acid on your fingers.
Mind you, it has happened before (on other products, though).
I'm a Chinese-Portuguese mix (with Swiss citizenship) and seriously, all these piracy going on in China is appalling.
First, ridiculous politics there (like the Spratly Islands issue), then tainted food and pirated electronics. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to make a knockoff Mercedes-Benz :D

HelveticaRoman

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
I bet all the stuff they're selling was made in China too!

Attachments

• apple-faab.jpg
    apple-faab.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Here's some shots from a fake apple store in Xian, China. I visited this one in May.

http://imgur.com/a/xGgdw#0ZL04

They also had a 'no pictures' policy, but I just pretended I was playing with my iphone.

Wow that one actually looks real... They got the sign outside right, just the glowing Apple... If I were visiting China I wouldn't know any better, I would think I stumbled across an Apple store.... Are all the products in there real?? I wonder how they "obtain" them for cheaper in order to make a profit.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Shows you how much the Apple brand is now valued in China, and thus what a good opportunity Apple has to expand its retail presence throughout the country. If they imitate you, they admire you.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Wow! Really disturbing.
To those who say a different culture/they have to make a living/they want their Apple stuff, think about it like this the same could be said of those that rob/steal your Apple stuff from your home. Maybe that person grew up thinking it is OK to steal to get the stuff you want rather than earn money and buying it on your own.

Who knows if they are in fact real/stolen Apple devices. If they are fakes an even bigger scam to those people who think they are real going there. And if they break it'll be the Real Apple that they will be upset with. This is bad for the Apple Brand. If they are real but stolen it doesn't benefit Apple. If they are refurbed it makes the products look real and thus another strike against the brand.

skbt

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
Wow that one actually looks real... They got the sign outside right, just the glowing Apple... If I were visiting China I wouldn't know any better, I would think I stumbled across an Apple store.... Are all the products in there real?? I wonder how they "obtain" them for cheaper in order to make a profit.

The products are real; no doubt about it. The interesting aspects were that:

1) they didn't stock apple-branded accessories like the other apple store (headphones, cases, docks, etc)

and

2) the guy behind the counter is using a Dell computer and monitor.

darbus69

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

considering that we do not have an apple store within 200 miles (Lewiston, Idaho), this just might be the solution to our problem!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.