Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
128GB Flash would cost a ton. 600 dollar Touch would not sell well.

Well, I wouldn't be so sure. Apple sold lots of original 5GB iPods @ $500 (and those are 2001 dollars = to $636 today according to inflation calculators). The original color iPod, the iPod Photo, was $600 and sold plenty too. When it comes to Apple products, price is not necessarily a barrier.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
New iPhone 5 with Mac Pro integration!

Or a Mac Pro with a slot for your iPhone!

Or a Mac Pro with Sprint broadband!

I don't really care how they work it just make sure it's an iPhone 5 with larger screen on Sprint's network and quietly introduce the next TBolt Mac Pro.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
if its the same design i won't upgrade. I love my iPhone 4 but after a year with it I'm ready for a fresh design. I also hope there's no "antennagate" this time :)

As a devout Android user, I've actually found the iPhone 4 design to be quite nice. It's the most solid phones I've ever held since the Treo. That glass is annoying though.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.729; U; ru) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Hey the classic is awesome still. Bring on lossless :D
Are the audio circuits (the D/A converter) in the Classic good enough to hear the differences or can you get digital sound out of it (for the iOS devices you can get digital sound out them via the Dock connector).

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
People stuck on their heads that the iPhone 5 will be announced when there hasn't been any confimation or denial by Apple in the matter. You should wait to see what is actually announced before celebrating, cause imagine the iPhone is not announced, that would be a big turn off for everyone, including me...

We usually know about 3 month before an iPhone is released. Supply chain and orders.
Manufacturing iPhone 5 started last month. It takes time to build up an supply chain to deliver 20 million iPhones / quarter.

We also had the FoxConn workers that sold the design of prior iOS devices to different companies. That is the reason why we already have iPhone 5 casings.

Iphone5 hardware has been ready for a long time. It is iOS that delayed the introduction of Iphone5. Apple usually needs 3 month of beta testing of is iOS. June + 3 month = sept release date of iPhone5.

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
Me too!!! Oh please Verizon or Sprint iPhone 5 with 4G / LTE.... I sooo want to ditch AT&T, especially after my 10 day ordeal "trying out Uverse!!!

Why 4G/LTE?
Todays Android phones with 4G have 50% less battery time then iPhone4.

I just don't get it. 3G support 21 megabit. Why have 40-50 megabit in your phone? Are you going to download blu ray ISOn to your phone?

Do US even offer unlimited data plans? You will hit the 2 gig limit real fast :)

It took 3G almost 6 year to have a working model (a phone that lasted 1 day battery wise). After 6 year only 15% of all users used 3G. 3G was also slow in the beginning (384kbit). We can learn from history and guess that 4G will have the same pattern.

FoxHoundADAM

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Oklahoma
Ack at you guys still rocking iPhone 3G's. I'm surprised the battery isn't **** by now. I hope you guys are all rocking iPhone 5's in a few weeks :D

...and to think, I thought my 3GS was ancient and slow

3G owner here, battery life actually is just now starting to become a problem, but it can still make it through the whole day on normal use. My issue is that it is almost unusable as a smart phone. Each ap barely seams to work these days.

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
As a devout Android user, I've actually found the iPhone 4 design to be quite nice. It's the most solid phones I've ever held since the Treo. That glass is annoying though.

A sane Android user!!!! :)

I love the Galaxy2 phone. A great Android product.

(We can all gets along now :) )

ricardobeat

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2008
September 7th is the brazilian Independence Day. Is Apple finally opening official retail stores over here? Or announcing the factory opening? :)

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
if its the same design i won't upgrade. I love my iPhone 4 but after a year with it I'm ready for a fresh design. I also hope there's no "antennagate" this time :)

The antenna gate was a hoax anyway.
Apple was actually to smart for their own good. The etches in the iPhone 4 metal frame is to allow better reception. To bad that it marked exactly where people should hold to bring down the signal.

All phones have antennas. Every single phone has a "death" grip.

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
September 7th is the brazilian Independence Day. Is Apple finally opening official retail stores over here? Or announcing the factory opening? :)

Would love to see Steve dance some Samba when inventing the iPhone 5 and Cloud iPhone.

mlynchmob16

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
Dublin, OH
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-26) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I can't wait until iPhone 5 is announced. I don't care if it releases a few weeks later, I just want definite specs! Bring it on!

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
A sane Android user!!!! :)

I love the Galaxy2 phone. A great Android product.

(We can all gets along now :) )

You'd be surprised as to how many users take both sides of this "phone war" too seriously. I've been an iPhone junky since 2003 when I got tired of carrying around my PDA, iPod, cellphone, camera, HUGE laptop, etc. etc. This is of course when we were all begging for it from Apple and only had terrible rumors and mockups (iPod with rotary dialer) to drool over.

When it finally came it was fantastic, but no phone is worth dumping a carrier for, and there were plenty of issues. We were giving up a lot over a Treo for an iPhone.

I won't give you the whole spiel, but now the iPhone has been ripe since the 3GS (save for the screen size) and now it only needs to be on Sprint.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-26) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I can't wait until iPhone 5 is announced. I don't care if it releases a few weeks later, I just want definite specs! Bring it on!

Everyone wants specs until they see the specs and then they wish they hadn't seen them so they could keep fantasizing that it's going to be the phone of their wildest dreams. Reality is, Olivia Wilde will not be included with the next iPhone.

...When it finally came it was fantastic, but no phone is worth dumping a carrier for, and there were plenty of issues. We were giving up a lot over a Treo for an iPhone.

Heartily disagree. I was using a Treo 700p on Sprint when the original iPhone launched. Up to that point I was on Sprint for the past 7 years and had zero issues with them. But-for the iPhone I'd still be with them. I do not hold anything against Sprint, but it was well worth jumping to ATT for the iPhone. I have no regrets.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

MaskedPhantom said:
iPod classic update? Maybe? Please?!

One more thing = one last refresh :D

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Everyone wants specs until they see the specs and then they wish they hadn't seen them so they could keep fantasizing that it's going to be the phone of their wildest dreams. Reality is, Olivia Wilde will not be included with the next iPhone.

I agree, with the iPhone specs dont matter as much. Apple make sure that there is enough to give you a good experience. Because Apple Makes the hardware and software, their code is better fit to the hardware, therefore making up for the hardware.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Have to remember that apple quoted product transition this quarter and that makes October less likely.

They quoted transition, saying that there would be lower numbers this quarter, correct?

If that's the case, one would expect it would be because the product isn't launching until next quarter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.