Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wblakewright

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2011
Utah
Antenna fixed

I got the 4 when they very first came out and some issues including reception. But when I took it in, they gave me a new one and it has never had any issues at all. I can't even lose signal if I try.

pewra

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
By the same token, I've had people tell me how much better calls sound after having the iPhone 'repaired'. More often than not, it was easier for the store just to hold onto the iPhone for a few days, return it, and let the customers mind fill in the blanks.

I got the 4 when they very first came out and some issues including reception. But when I took it in, they gave me a new one and it has never had any issues at all. I can't even lose signal if I try.

Yup.

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Was the mute switch moved to the other side to prevent another anntenagate?

Anntenagate wasn't even a real issue

----------

My experience is the total opposite. EVERY person I know with the iPhone 4 has had problems with reception. That's the reason I didn't bother upgrading, well that and the lack of 64gb. Still using my 3GS. Clearly Apple know there is an issue or they wouldn't given away free bumpers.... QUOTE]

I have the exact opposite experiance of you. No one I know with an iP4 has had reception problems.

The free bumper was a gimmick.

JMPATLANTA

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2011
I ordered one of the hard cases.

Big deal. I ordered one of the clear back with black edged hard cases on their site. It was only ~$12 and change with shipping. When the i4 came out, the cheap cases were the only ones available here in the U.S. and I had to use one until Incase finally released the i4 Slider. I would imagine it will be the same way with the i5 when it hits. I plan on getting the i5 as soon as I can get one in my hands and if this case fits, I will use it, if not I will just laugh and not eat lunch that day to offset the wasted $12 bucks.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Big deal. I ordered one of the clear back with black edged hard cases on their site. It was only ~$12 and change with shipping. When the i4 came out, the cheap cases were the only ones available here in the U.S. and I had to use one until Incase finally released the i4 Slider. I would imagine it will be the same way with the i5 when it hits. I plan on getting the i5 as soon as I can get one in my hands and if this case fits, I will use it, if not I will just laugh and not eat lunch that day to offset the wasted $12 bucks.
The problem is that supporting companies who do this helps them to rip off other consumers. If we stop supporting them with our dollars, they'll be less inclined to try to mislead consumers in the future by making false claims.

j4bles

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
The free bumper was a gimmick.

You can't be serious. The iPhone was out for weeks before they started giving a way the free cases. And in the beginning, it wasn't just their crappy bumper case. They made an app that you could order an inDesign or whatever popular case manufacturer and get a quality 3rd party case if you already bought the phone.

If the bumper was given away to begin with, then you could call it a gimmick.

misterbigbig

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
lol china

lol you people know really nothing about china. i lived there several years and did business.

if you knew chinese male business men you would know they have no creativity, dumb as it can get. but when they smell business, they will do just anything.

of course they will produce iPhone5 shell cases. because some idiots will buy it. and as long as they can make a buck, they will make it. that's why they are grown: to make money.

Susanna03

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
iphone 5 accessories

Hi to all, Hard again iPhone 5 cases are the most fashionable and come in the biggest range of designs. They provide good security to the again and sides of the iPhone like the fender situation but once again do not provide as much security for the screen as a set situation. Thank you.

iphone 5 cases

Last edited:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
(crosses fingers) Please not the tapered back. Please not the tapered back...

Agreed!

more importantly:
OOO integration for Exchange ActiveSync
Lync support (OCS missed conversations works)
Link Notes to reminders (?)
Setup Rules that link to Exchange
More powerful DSP (musicians love iOS devices).

An Enterprise Business App Store front so that MDM's can have a hook in for mass purchases and licensing redistribution of apps that can be removed when users leave corporations/business. Yes there is something like it but its VERY archane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.