Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-All

I'm the proud owner of a spanking new Mac Mini Server - arrived yesterday. Setup went well, got everything going and we're hauling the mail.

Except, it seems the Server.app login to the local Mini Server has forgotten my credentials, and I cannot administer it anymore. I tried to think of what had changed between the time I last logged in and now, and the only thing I can think of is I changed the background picture.

Any idea how I can reset the credentials? And barring that, how I can reset the Server to Factory and reconfigure (without blowing away the entire machine and starting over).

mboiman

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
-All

I'm the proud owner of a spanking new Mac Mini Server - arrived yesterday. Setup went well, got everything going and we're hauling the mail.

Except, it seems the Server.app login to the local Mini Server has forgotten my credentials, and I cannot administer it anymore. I tried to think of what had changed between the time I last logged in and now, and the only thing I can think of is I changed the background picture.

Any idea how I can reset the credentials? And barring that, how I can reset the Server to Factory and reconfigure (without blowing away the entire machine and starting over).

I have the exact same Problem. Cant go into the Server.App for administrations...

Do u have fix the problem?

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
I have the exact same Problem. Cant go into the Server.App for administrations...

Do u have fix the problem?

Woohoo! Have a fix from the guys over at the Apple Discussion board.

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.servermgrd.plist

Apparently, after first install the service can die.

Let me know if this works for you.

mazymus

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2011

i registered just to confirm that your find worked!! thanks, saved me another reinstall of the server. what a strange bug.

bernikoro

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
Worked perfectly!

I have the exact same problem and was lost in despair until read this forum. Thank you very much for posting this tip. Cheers!

CErickson

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Thank You!

Thanks a lot! That worked for me too!

Seems as if Apple could put this command as part of their install script!

William OReilly

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2012
Some Help for a Dummy :pls

i registered just to confirm that your find worked!! thanks, saved me another reinstall of the server. what a strange bug.

Can anyone help me with this I dont understand what to do a bit of explanation for dummies would be useful. Thanks

William OReilly

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2012
Dummie Here

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS AND ADVISE WHAT STEPS I NEED TO TAKE. I FOUND THE FILE IN THE SYSTEM LIBRARY DIRECTORY NOW WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS AND ADVISE WHAT STEPS I NEED TO TAKE. I FOUND THE FILE IN THE SYSTEM LIBRARY DIRECTORY NOW WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

It's a terminal command. So open Terminal (it's in the utility's folder, in your programs folder). There you copy paste this command and you hit enter. In my case, and most likely yours too, it says "password:". Type in your password. Notice that it won't show you anything (no dots, not your password; nothing). So type your password right and hit the "enter" button. That should do it.

NavyMacGuy

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
Missing plist

I have a similar issue where the server app works fine on my iMac where it is installed, but when I try to connect my MacBook Pro remotely using the server app, it won't accept my known good username and password on the server. I tried the command line mentioned in this thread, but /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.servermgrd.plist doesn't exist. I looked on both computers, and this plist doesn't exist on either computer even though the server services are running fine on the server. Any other ideas?

I have OS X 10.8.2 and Server App 2.1.1

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.