Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Your title says 2.2 and your message says 2.1 has been released. Which is it? I have 2.1 but have not updated in the past day and I'm not seeing a 2.2 update in the app store.

It's 2.1. Can't fix the Title... We're currently working hard on 2.2, that's why I automatically wrote that.

pruppert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
It's 2.1. Can't fix the Title... We're currently working hard on 2.2, that's why I automatically wrote that.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to the update. I've recently switched to PDF Expert after being a longtime user of iAnnotate. I won't be switching back. Yor guys' user interface is just so clean and better organized in comparison. Thanks for your product.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
PDF Expert for iPad 3.0

We at Readdle are happy to announce that the new version of PDF Exert for iPad is out.

It is the most powerful PDF management and annotation app, which brings desktop experience to the iPad. Also, PDF Expert makes it easy for people to fill in PDF forms, sign PDF documents, read and manage all types of files.

So, what’s new?

Basically, everything. We've learned from our users how they work with PDF Expert and streamlined most usage scenarios. For instance, version 3 has revamped UI for annotating. Toolbars with multiple annotation pens available via single tap, better freehand drawing support and smoother performance are some of the changes.

We've also added page management, which is as powerful as on the desktop. Users can rearrange, add, rotate, extract pages from PDF with iOS-style interface and share the results immediately.

This is not to mention completely rewritten PDF engine that is capable to handle insanely large documents, iOS5 support and more.

Overall, the 3.0 update takes PDF Expert to a new level of what is possible on the iPad, while still being easy to use application.

This is the AppStore Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/pdf-expert-fill-forms-annotate/id393316844?mt=8

We would like to hear your feedback.

Best regards,

01.png

03.png

07.PNG

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
We at Readdle are happy to announce that the new version of PDF Exert for iPad is out.

This looks fantastic. I just wish you integrated at least some of this functionality into ReaddleDocs. For those like me who use ReaddleDocs as the primary document management tool, it's very inconvenient to have to shuffle PDFs back and forth between Docs and Expert for advanced PDF editing.

Would you at least consider refreshing the ReaddleDocs UI to the same style as the latest Expert 3.0?

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
This looks fantastic. I just wish you integrated at least some of this functionality into ReaddleDocs. For those like me who use ReaddleDocs as the primary document management tool, it's very inconvenient to have to shuffle PDFs back and forth between Docs and Expert for advanced PDF editing.

Would you at least consider refreshing the ReaddleDocs UI to the same style as the latest Expert 3.0?

The big update for ReaddleDocs is coming out this fall. We will keep you informed!

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
We need a nice sale to get us started. ;)

We don't normally do sales. Maybe for Black Friday and Christmas!

Cmon, we have worked on updating ReaddleDocs about 3 years.. And 5 bucks is a bargain ;)

But yes, we will let you know if something is going on. We also do giveaways on our twitter and Facebook accounts.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits

Cmon, we have worked on updating ReaddleDocs about 3 years.. And 5 bucks is a bargain ;)

But yes, we will let you know if something is going on. We also do giveaways on our twitter and Facebook accounts.

I use both readdledocs and PDF pro. I too would like to see some better cross utilization.

I updated iPad last night, but have not had any time with it yet. Looking forward to seeing it.

Your support btw has always been stellar.

info

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Bay Area

Actually, I was referring to PDF Expert. Thanks... maybe I'll get lucky. I think I'm going to like that program.

Last edited:

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I'm impressed with PDFExpert and the new update, which I've been using a lot since it came out. But like others, I do feel a little hampered by the lack of integration between it and ReaddleDocs, which I have been using since it first came out. I now feel there is too much disjoint and find myself having to go from one to the other, though to be fair, I have used ReaddleDocs less and less because of this. As a long time user of your software (also ScannerPro) Readdle, I would say it's becoming to fragmented.

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
The big update for ReaddleDocs is coming out this fall. We will keep you informed!

Awesome, really look forward to it! ReaddleDocs is probably my top used program on iPad. I am also hoping you're thinking of adding iCloud support into one of your future releases ;)

like others, I do feel a little hampered by the lack of integration between it and ReaddleDocs, which I have been using since it first came out. I now feel there is too much disjoint and find myself having to go from one to the other

That is my exact complaint. With the way iOS sandboxes the file storage for each individual app - using separate apps for file management (ReaddleDocs), and advanced editing (PDF Export) is highly cumbersome, pretty much non-workable.

I think one solution could be for developer to enable "in-app purchase" of 'advanced PDF editing' functionality from ReaddleDocs. This way, those who use ReaddleDocs as their primary file management app can also take advantage of PDF Expert functionality all within the same app. I don't actually mind paying a few extra bucks for PDFExpert functionality, I just don't want to deal with multiple apps.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Awesome, really look forward to it! ReaddleDocs is probably my top used program on iPad. I am also hoping you're thinking of adding iCloud support into one of your future releases ;)

That is my exact complaint. With the way iOS sandboxes the file storage for each individual app - using separate apps for file management (ReaddleDocs), and advanced editing (PDF Export) is highly cumbersome, pretty much non-workable.

I think one solution could be for developer to enable "in-app purchase" of 'advanced PDF editing' functionality from ReaddleDocs. This way, those who use ReaddleDocs as their primary file management app can also take advantage of PDF Expert functionality all within the same app. I don't actually mind paying a few extra bucks for PDFExpert functionality, I just don't want to deal with multiple apps.

Thanks for your replies guys! We listen to all of them, as you know, continually updating our apps.

So, let me expand a little bit on a topic of ReaddleDocs and PDF Expert. ReaddleDocs was released much earlier as a powerful file management system and document viewer. On the other hand, PDF Expert is an app for people who need annotation capabilities and some business features (PDF forms, signatures, etc).

I understand your point about cross integration between 2 apps. You can use Readdle storage (and sync it), which is universal for both apps. Also, if you have both apps, I would recommend you to stick with PDF Expert, as it is almost as powerful as ReaddleDocs for file management and amazing for annotations.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Also, if you have both apps, I would recommend you to stick with PDF Expert, as it is almost as powerful as ReaddleDocs for file management and amazing for annotations.

Must admit, this is pretty much the view I've taken. Given it's ability to access DropBox and MobileMe, I've started using it as my primary access to these servers now, and I've copied most of my "locally held" stuff across. With it's markup abilities, PDF Expert is pretty much my favourite doc handling app at the moment.

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
Must admit, this is pretty much the view I've taken. Given it's ability to access DropBox and MobileMe, I've started using it as my primary access to these servers now, and I've copied most of my "locally held" stuff across. With it's markup abilities, PDF Expert is pretty much my favourite doc handling app at the moment.

That's a thought.. Does PDF Expert have the ability to view documents in non-PDF formats, such as MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, TXT, JPG, etc?

mojohojo

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2006
Thanks for new update! It's great and covers most of the little gripes I had with it before.
Although there's one thing I still find bothersome , not sure if others find this too. I don't really like the tap left/right of screen to change pages, I seem to do this accidentally a lot, when what I really want is to see the toolbars (middle tap). And i usually swipe to change pages. Perhaps there could be a setting to turn this off? Or perhaps make the area of tap smaller

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Thanks for new update! It's great and covers most of the little gripes I had with it before.
Although there's one thing I still find bothersome , not sure if others find this too. I don't really like the tap left/right of screen to change pages, I seem to do this accidentally a lot, when what I really want is to see the toolbars (middle tap). And i usually swipe to change pages. Perhaps there could be a setting to turn this off? Or perhaps make the area of tap smaller

Mojohojo,

thanks for your kind words.

I will pass your thoughts to our developers and we will discuss how can we improve.

Thanks again,

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
PDF Expert moves into Education

Hi guys,

Are you using iPad for educational purposes? PDF Expert can help you in many ways while studying or teaching.

2011.09.29_PDF-Expert-in-education_for-blog-2.png

If you are already using PDF Expert

Whether you are a teacher or a student we would like to hear your story about how you are using PDF Expert for educational purposes.

If you don't have PDF Expert for iPad yet

Let us know and we'll give you a code for PDF Expert to read and annotate PDF text book right on the iPad. No more heavy laptops or books. Attend classes with the iPad to make text notes, freehand drawings and much more. In return you ask your feedback.
If you are in school society or a student club we'll be glad to support you with codes and sponsor educational events.

Contact us, tell your story and spread the word!

http://readdle.com/blog/?p=883

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Too bad this APP is broken right now with Google Apps Sync for the documents. We have over 60 staff that use this to sync files back to our office and it no longer works with Google. Per their Tech Support Google supposedly changed something that requires them to fix their system now. All the other PDF / Office apps still work fine, just PDF expert no longer works and they aren't responding to emails on giving me a idea of a timeline.

We spent a ton of money on your APP and would like to have some type of deadline of when this problem will be resolved.

Thank you.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Too bad this APP is broken right now with Google Apps Sync for the documents. We have over 60 staff that use this to sync files back to our office and it no longer works with Google. Per their Tech Support Google supposedly changed something that requires them to fix their system now. All the other PDF / Office apps still work fine, just PDF expert no longer works and they aren't responding to emails on giving me a idea of a timeline.

We spent a ton of money on your APP and would like to have some type of deadline of when this problem will be resolved.

Thank you.

I guess we responded to you everywhere including twitter, e-mail and now here.

We've fixed the problem, now we have to submit the new version and wait for Apple's approval. Unfortunately, we have no control over that process.

We will keep you posted. Sorry for inconvenience.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I don't know about Google sync, as I don't use it, but this app has been a godsend for me at Uni. I love the way I can get my course work in one place before lectures and then annotate it all during lectures. If I have any documents not in PDF, I can still view them but if I want to do work on them, I just use the company's other app PDFConverter and then open in PDF Expert. Now, it would be really cool if PDF Expert had the ability to convert in-app, but guess thats just icing on the cake.

Nice app guys, thanks.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
PDF Expert 3.1

We've just updated PDF Expert for iPad.

GoogleDocs sync should work perfectly now.

So what's new?

✓ Custom text and image stamps (you can create their own stamps)
✓ Redesigned search results
✓ iOS 5 dictionary integration (Exclusive iOS 5 feature)
✓ Realistic handwriting for notes (whole new engine for note taking)

This is the link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/pdf-expert-fill-forms-annotate/id393316844?mt=8

Feel free to comment below.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I'd just be happy if you were able to keep original document formatting a bit better. Oh sorry, wrong app. My comment applies to your other app PDF Converter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.