Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luischav3z

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
What are my options for prepaid service if I get a used at&t locked iPhone? Or Verizon?

For at&t-
H2O

for Verizon-
PagePlus

are there any more than these?
thanks

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
What are my options for prepaid service if I get a used at&t locked iPhone? Or Verizon?

For at&t-
H2O

for Verizon-
PagePlus

are there any more than these?
thanks

Are you referring to the newest iPhone 4S or the previous iPhone 4?

If it's locked, how do you plan on unlocking it?

H2O looks legitimate but PagePlus looks sort of shady. I'd also be interested in knowing how they unlock phones that are tied to Verizon's network. I also found nothing stating that PagePlus would allow you to use an iPhone. Could you share how you know this?

At this point, I know of no CDMA carrier that allows you to use an iPhone on it.

luischav3z

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Are you referring to the newest iPhone 4S or the previous iPhone 4?

If it's locked, how do you plan on unlocking it?

H2O looks legitimate but PagePlus looks sort of shady. I'd also be interested in knowing how they unlock phones that are tied to Verizon's network. I also found nothing stating that PagePlus would allow you to use an iPhone. Could you share how you know this?

At this point, I know of no CDMA carrier that allows you to use an iPhone on it.

The old iPhone 4.

I'm not planning on unlocking it. Apparently some people from howardforums claim they use it with PagePlus as it is an MVNO that uses Verizon's spectrum. So no need to unlock to use H2O or PagePlus.

wratran

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
ATT prepaid is actually cheaper than H20 for unlimited everything.

Does the new 4S work on ATT prepaid?

I am thinking buying the unlock 4S in november and use the ATT prepaid...still lot cheaper than the stock plan

luischav3z

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011

I am thinking buying the unlock 4S in november and use the ATT prepaid...still lot cheaper than the stock plan

I was thinking of getting it unlocked on Nov too it really seems too pricey the 16gb for around $700. So I might get a 4 for around $300 bucks.
ATT prepaid is $50 for unlimited everything but it doesn't work with the iPhone am I wrong?

Last edited:

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn

I pay $25 a month now with Virgin Mobile with an android phone. $50 is my upper limit so if it remains at $50, it might be an option. Although, I'm still hoping that VM will eventually carry it since they are owned by Sprint. If there is no reasonable prepaid iPhone plan by the end of November, I'll probably just get an iPad.

luischav3z

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
I pay $25 a month now with Virgin Mobile with an android phone. $50 is my upper limit so if it remains at $50, it might be an option. Although, I'm still hoping that VM will eventually carry it since they are owned by Sprint. If there is no reasonable prepaid iPhone plan by the end of November, I'll probably just get an iPad.

I have the $25 a month too with an LG Optimus. I just got an iPhone 4 16gb for $275 :)

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
I see on Virgin's website that they have lowered the prices of both the LG Optimus and the Samsung Intercept. Perhaps that means a November launch of the iPhone on VM?

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Thanks shanmugam

I use an unlocked 3 w/iOS3 w/ prepaid ATT phone only & wi-fi. Have not added 3G data as did not know for sure it would work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.