Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr X

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
London, UK
Anyone know if this means it will also allow me (UK) to purchase the additional upload feature of iTunes where you pay the additional annual storage fee to add your own tunes to the cloud?

Thanks.

Floti

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
I don't get the bye bye Spotify thing.... Spotify has ALL the music, you pay 9,99 and you STREAM it. iTunes in the cloud only let's you have the music you have purchased through iTunes in your devices without using a cable...

bigmikeyp

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2006
Manchester, UK
Anyone know if this means it will also allow me (UK) to purchase the additional upload feature of iTunes where you pay the additional annual storage fee to add your own tunes to the cloud?

Thanks.

You're referring to iTunes Match.

At the moment, it doesn't appear to be an option to anybody outside of the US. But this may (hopefully) change when iOS 5 is released later on today.

I don't get the bye bye Spotify thing.... Spotify has ALL the music, you pay 9,99 and you STREAM it. iTunes in the cloud only let's you have the music you have purchased through iTunes in your devices without using a cable...

Given the choice, I much prefer to actually own the content. Yes, it'll cost me more but I'm ok with that rather than having access to stream songs rather than own the rights to that copy of the song. Funny how things turn around, I do still love Spotify, but I've really been waiting for iTunes in the Cloud for years really so that's my personal preference.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
That's pretty cool, and I'm pleased it's arrived in the UK :)
One thing that would make it even better IMO though would be if your iTunes account appeared under the shared section of the music player.
In other words, rather than having to go to the iTunes store and download an album or song before going back and playing it, it would be really cool if you could access your purchased songs directly from within the Music player

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK

Thanks.

that's still waiting on making deals with Record Companies here in the UK I would assume, but I'm sure their working on getting it over here to us ASAP.

tomeu

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Also working in Spain

It is now also available in Spain despite being marked as a US only service in the Spanish version of "iCloud Help" (@ iCloud.com)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.