Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cobster

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
Denmark
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Working just fint for me in denmark...

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
What is the point of this feature? So you can download some songs you have download before to your phone. And?

Because a lot of people have a music library that's far bigger than the capacity of the Phone. This allows you to manage your songs more efficiently: If you fancy listening to an album you've bought previously but it's not on your phone, just download it again and listen

Popinbottles

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
What is the point of this feature? So you can download some songs you have download before to your phone. And?

You can download a song on the go. Listen to it, then delete it again. All without having to plug into your computer or paying for the song again.

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
I got it here in Hong Kong, however I also have a US account. Plus I've had it since they first announced iCloud, as I am sure most US users have.

Since I am apparently reaping the benefits from a US account internationally, I wonder if I would be able to access iTunes Match when it debuts or if I would be region blocked by where my wifi and 3G access comes from.

musefreek

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
Because a lot of people have a music library that's far bigger than the capacity of the Phone. This allows you to manage your songs more efficiently: If you fancy listening to an album you've bought previously but it's not on your phone, just download it again and listen

Point taken.

However, who the hell actually still buys music these days? I guess that's a whole other argument.

MartinH

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
Denmark
how did you get it to work :confused: :eek:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Working just fint for me in denmark...

sva

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Wales, near England.
Nice work Apple.

I lost most of my music when I installed Lion (long story), so this is a godsend for me.

It's available from iTunes on the mac too, handy if you want to download everything.

zombierunner

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
UK
does icloud push any updates to apps that you may do on iphone ?

so if you have an app on your iphone and there is an update and you take it .. would the app on your computer also be updated or would you have to sync for that?

stewart1988

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
so if you have an app on your iphone and there is an update and you take it .. would the app on your computer also be updated or would you have to sync for that?

Have to sync I believe. That is what I have to do, but with the new wifi syncing it updates itself when syncing at night anyway.

Can someone explain how this will replace their Spotify subscription? :confused:

xSPRINTERx

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
Leicester
Sadly, this is true. Using the cloud to its full potential precludes the use of any sort of data cap. What happens when you're close to the cap? Is it really user-friendly to expect people to turn off all their data services when they come close? I wouldn't think so.

Thank god for three !!! £25.00 a month (1 month rolling contract) more SMS and phone min's than I could ever use and ALL YOU CAN EAT DATA.. (including personal hotspot)

Why anyone in the UK would be on another network is beyond me (unless your coverage is not good)..

stewart1988

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
Thank god for three !!! £25.00 a month (1 month rolling contract) more SMS and phone min's than I could ever use and ALL YOU CAN EAT DATA.. (including personal hotspot)

Why anyone in the UK would be on another network is beyond me (unless your coverage is not good)..

Giffgaff offer unlimited data but no tethering for £10. Used 4GB this month already :)

bmoorhouse

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
Houston
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have set my phone to download purchases automatically, but there's no purchased tab in iTunes. Should it be there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.