Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes_movie_trailers_ipad.jpg

Amidst the flurry of other software releases today, Apple has also pushed out a new iTunes Movie Trailers app [App Store] for iOS. The new universal app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch offers easy access to Apple's library of movie trailers.
iTunes Movie Trailers puts the newest and most exclusive movie previews in HD in your hands. Browse trailers, clips, and featurettes for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters and independent cinema; view stunning HD photos; explore a year-long calendar of movie releases; find showtimes near you and get ticket info directly from your iPad or iPhone.
The app includes a number of features, including integration with iCloud to push theater and trailer notifications across devices.
- Access hundreds of movie trailers, clips, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and images, available in HD or SD.
- Explore an interactive, year-long release calendar that helps you plan when you'll be going to the theaters.
- Save favorite movies and theaters for immediate access anytime.
- Search what's playing at your local theaters and purchase tickets directly from your iPad or iPhone.
- Save images to your iPad photo gallery, to use as iPad or desktop wallpapers or send to your friends.
- Browse top charts to view the most downloaded trailers, box office rankings, and top movies on iTunes to buy or rent.
- Enjoy your favorite movie trailers on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV.
- Email or tweet trailer recommendations to your friends.
- Use iCloud to push your favorite theaters and movie trailers to all of your iOS devices.
iTunes Movie Trailers is a free app compatible with iOS 4.3 or later on the iPad 2, original iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and third- and fourth-generation iPod touch.

Article Link: Apple Releases 'iTunes Movie Trailers' App for iOS

Frazzle

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
And Aperture also got an update...

It will only install if you're running 10.7.2...

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
Not available in the UK yet.

And I was browsing the Apple trailers site earlier today.

jimu00

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
This app works with iOS 4.3 or greater, which means Verizon CDMA users will have to upgrade to iOS 5 to use it, not that that's a big deal.

justinfreid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
Nice little surprise

This is a nice little surprise on the iOS 5 and iCloud release day.
The app itself is slick and it's nice to be able to watch trailers so easily on the phone, but selecting Movies under Theaters crashes the app for me.

Duel

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
NICE surprise!

I'v been waiting this a long time, i'v been thinking why they haven't made this a long time ago, because apple has great trailer page which i use alot with my computer also i have shortcut for that site in my iPhone :)

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Weird that they didn't have this all along. On the mac iTunes there was always a trailer section but not on the iOS devices. Even appleTV had a trailer section. Glad they finally added it, looks pretty slick.

Xytal

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
This app is pretty cool, and I'll probably give it some use over flixster (when it comes to trailers and such). What I'm really looking forward to (and praying for) is this means that they will soon integrate Siri into this movies app and I can then find movie times, theaters, buy tickets, etc. all with my voice. =D

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Still not available here in Germany.

sonnyjames

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
Minnesota
Subtitles? Closed Captions?

I haven't upgraded to iOS 5 yet. Does anyone know if the new Trailers app has closed captions or subtitles for those with hearing loss?

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Since it's a free app, is there no way of signing into the US store and simply downloading it? I know our accounts in the UK cannot download US store material, but how easy is it to set up a free US account for example? And is it worth the hassle?

Fatherof5ive

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2010
I haven't upgraded to iOS 5 yet. Does anyone know if the new Trailers app has closed captions or subtitles for those with hearing loss?

No, only the video application (on a first gen' iPad) has a closed captioning toggle in Settings.

I added a screen shot of the settings available for the Trailers app.

Attachments

• 2e483e6b.jpg
    2e483e6b.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 209

bLink-404

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
No reason why it should be US-Only. I'd say give it time to propagate. Or, they're intentionally delaying international roll-out, like with the Apple Store App.

The reason is because they have obviously not organised content partnerships with theatres in other countries yet. Everyone's a conspiracy theorist :p

----------

Since it's a free app, is there no way of signing into the US store and simply downloading it? I know our accounts in the UK cannot download US store material, but how easy is it to set up a free US account for example? And is it worth the hassle?

See here.

polak9pete

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009

yes you can do that..i made a us account but i live in canada and you can download any app thats in the us store but sometimes they dont open or function properly.

the trailers app worked at first but not anymore...i got the jimmy fallon app from the us store and that worked beautifully ..u just need to make an account with a legit us address and optional credit card

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.