Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Hi all,
I have a iPhone 4 which soon will be updated to iOS 5 and 10.7.2 version in my Macbook Pro.

How can I sync the pictures that I take with my iPhone to my Mac without using iPhoto? It seems like the window users have an application to do this. I just wanted to sync directly from my iphone to a folder in my Mac.

Sorry if this question was already asked...

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I'm sure there are plenty of Mac solutions--for me, I use a program called View It. I don't use iPhoto--but I like to have a program to view photos and View It works for me. When you have your iPhone connected, View It will treat it as a digital camera source and will copy all the pictures on your phone to your Mac.

http://www.hexcat.com/viewit/index.html

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Hi all,
I have a iPhone 4 which soon will be updated to iOS 5 and 10.7.2 version in my Macbook Pro.

How can I sync the pictures that I take with my iPhone to my Mac without using iPhoto? It seems like the window users have an application to do this. I just wanted to sync directly from my iphone to a folder in my Mac.

Sorry if this question was already asked...

You have to use iPhoto? Can't Image Capture be used? Anyway, I was thinking of buying an iPhone, but don't want to go through the hassles of iPhoto (used it once, and then never again).

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
My bad, I was referring in syncing with the cloud. Meaning I'll take a picture and automatically that picture is pushes into my mac through the cloud. It seems like the only way to do this is by using iPhoto

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
My bad, I was referring in syncing with the cloud. Meaning I'll take a picture and automatically that picture is pushes into my mac through the cloud. It seems like the only way to do this is by using iPhoto

yes

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

Yeah. Pretty much the only way you can sync between the iPhone and the Mac via iCloud is by using iPhoto. I don't think there's any other way around it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.