Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eavila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Here's what I'm getting, and it's already been reported:

Summary: User can bypass the lock screen on the phone.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Double click home button to get to camera shortcut from locked phone
2) Select camera, and go to view images button
From here you get the "Your iPhone is locked." screen
3) Hit home button and you are directed to the home screen and phone is now unlocked

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

Steps to Reproduce:
3) Hit home button and you are directed to the home screen and phone is now unlocked

I just followed those steps verbatim and it showed the passcode screen.

Try setting your passcode to immediate.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Doesn't happen to me, but I have seen it reported elsewhere :confused:

This is because people set the lock screen to activate after one minute or after 5 minutes.

If you set it to activate after one or five minutes and do this of course it will happen because the lockscreen won't activate for one to five minutes.

It's simple english.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

Steps to Reproduce:

There was a thread about this recently (can't find it at the moment) but what you've described is only possible when a user's Passcode Lock is set to be required after a specific amount of time, as opposed to immediately.

For example, if your Passcode Lock is set to be required "Immediately", your steps above will not unlock the phone. However, if you've selected for your Passcode Lock to be required, say, "After 1 minute" and you lock your phone and try the steps above within that first minute, the phone will be unlocked.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Be careful...the lock time and the screen timeout are now two settings...I thought I had set my lock time to 1 min, but I actually set the screen timeout to 1 min, the lock time was 15 mins. Once I changed the lock time to 1 min it now works. In order to properly test this "problem" make sure you can slide to unlock and go to the passcode entry. If you can, hit cancel...then try this...it will go to the lock screen.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Did you actually wait a full minute? I have mine set to 1 hour and it works exactly as it should.

Oops, no. Waiting a full minute or more seems to take you back to the lock screen.

However, I think this works as long as you're in the period of the lock time. I set it to one hour and managed to get to my home screen even though I was told in the camera app my phone was locked.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Oops, no. Waiting a full minute or more seems to take you back to the lock screen.

However, I think this works as long as you're in the period of the lock time. I set it to one hour and managed to get to my home screen even though I was told in the camera app my phone was locked.

Thats because the phone is locked.....just not password protected. If you were to slide to unlock it would have unlocked without asking for a password too.

garts

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Stuipdboy1000 said:
Thats because the phone is locked.....just not password protected. If you were to slide to unlock it would have unlocked without asking for a password too.

Never mind. I seem to have got my understanding of the situation wrong.

Dare I say your username seems very appropriate then? Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.