Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I cant send an email on my iphone through hotmail account. I can receive emails on iphone through hotmail.

Any idea how to fix?

Mojo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
Hotmail Settings

Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)

Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)

Sometimes e-mail account problems are best solved by deleting the problem account and starting from scratch...

anfield11

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)

Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)

Sometimes e-mail account problems are best solved by deleting the problem account and starting from scratch...

I'm checking settings for someone and the settings are as above. What is happening is mail is coming in fine, but mails written won't go out and this message comes up. "cannot send mail the username or password for smtp.*********@smtp.live.com is incorrect.

I do notice that the bullets for the password have 7 for incoming and 6 for incoming....could this be the issue? Thanks

Kitttykatttz

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012
I had the same problem. When I clicked on the settings option I could see my password had been saved. Turns out there is a password for incoming (the first one you see) and one for outgoing. Click on the outgoing server, then click on the primary server, here you can set your outgoing password. (same password as the incoming). All worked well after that.
Hope this helps someone .

07dodge

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
Mine sporadically does the same. Seems like half the time it gives me an error message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.