Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted a new TV ad on their YouTube page promoting The Beatles on iTunes. The ad is called "Covers" and shows off many of different album covers from The Beatles in an animated fashion. The ad ends with "The Beatles on iTunes".

The Beatles first appeared on the iTunes store back in November 2010. The new TV ad seems part of another promotion announced earlier today of a free animated version of the band's Yellow Submarine book as an exclusive on Apple's iBookstore.

Article Link: Apple Posts a Beatles iTunes TV Ad: Covers

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
That was very, very cool! The animation and transitions were very well done. I love it. The Revolver & Yellow Submarine animations made me smile! :D

tylerk36

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
Ok first off. Back then when that song came out people were high as a kite. I was high as a kite. I looked at getting high and listening to that song as magical. I laughed allot back then because I had the munchies and thought everything was funny. Even the Beatles were funny. Even when they sung Hey Jude. Man I had some good weed back then. Don't smoke it now but wow they had good stuff then.

darbus69

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

good stuff, makes me wanna be a digital graphics artist, yeah right! ;)

FlameofAnor

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Very well done animation...... I guess that's not so surprising, since Steve Jobs brought Pixar to prominence. ;)

SithTracy

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
S.E. Wisconsin
That was cool... Got the CD box set last xmas (at least I think it was)... Almost makes me want to buy it again... Listening to Rubber Soul now :D

Might have to break out Beatles Rock band on the PS3 with the kids again!

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Even though the Beatles are one of the worst bands that ever existed, I think that Apple ad was very well done. Short, no seconds wasted and get's the point across very well.

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
bah humbug!!!

Are they still trying to sell the Beatles?

A grump practicing for the (bah) holidays already. Granted my Pops wasn't a Beatles fan but even he thought some of their tunes were cool.

The graphics are pretty good in this spot. Not sure what software they used. Seems a bit sophisticated for prosumer stuff, though I've tried and so have some friends and gotten close but not that sophisticated. Maya, After Effects?

visim91

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
Even though the Beatles are one of the worst bands that ever existed, I think that Apple ad was very well done. Short, no seconds wasted and get's the point across very well.

I respect your opinion. But, I'm curious, what artists do you enjoy listening to?

Last edited:

grs

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Reno, NV

That is an objectively ridiculous statement.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Really nice, well done. I wanted it longer!

----------

Only one grammatical error. I am amazed.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
In the words of Lennon,
Let it Be.
:)

This is a great Ad because it's so understated. There's no- "ONLY 99.99 AT BESTBUY, WAL-MART, AND SHOP RITE!" or crazy sales people. Or cheesy people talking about it. It's simple, and really effective !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.