Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WTFMon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Hey all, this is definitely a baffling first for me.

My Verizion iPhone 4 (the white one) has gone completely psycho on me.

It was working fine, I had it plugged into the wall listening to my D&D podcast, when out of the blue it rolled a critical fail and rebooted for no reason.

Upon restarting it will only go to a screen with "Emergency Call" blinking above the keypad... as if mocking me. When I try to make a call it won't let me, though I am able to call 911 (I hung up before it connected out of paranoia)

When I click the little info "i" icon on the lower right a window pops up with "MEID:" followed by a string of numbers and letters. I assume this is the phone ID or whatever it's called.

Now here is the kicker. The damn thing will power up while connected to a wall socket, but instantly power off when I disconnect it, and won't connect or even power on while connected to my mac. I've tried 2 different cords and 2 separate computers, so the fault seems to be within my phone or from an unseen evil wizard.

My phone is about 6 or 7 months old, has never been jailbroken, and been running in tip top shape until this happened. I am about 1 month late in paying my Verizon bill, though I can't even call them, and received no text or call from them screaming for money. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe the evil wizard works for them...I have no idea.

Oh...yea, and my phone dosent seem to have been reset, because I can still see my wallpaper behind keypad.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.