Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whodareswins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
I cannot figure for the life of me how to preform a batch operation for editing a selection of photos. For example I usually use auto enhance and increase sharpening on all my photos. It would save so much time for me to be able to select a group of photos and click on auto enhance. But when I do it just does one photo.

Any one found out how?

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
You can indeed, although it's a little counter intuitive.

What you do is edit one photo with the adjustments you want to apply to all the photos. Then you click the "Lift Metadata and Adjustments" button down at the bottom of the screen, near the arrow and crop tools and such.

A new window will pop up. You will see some drop down menus and tick boxes. Select the ones you want to copy to the other images.

Now select the photos you want to apply the changes to and click "Stamp Selected Images" and Aperture will apply the changes.

Also, you have discovered the peculiar way in which Aperture does selections. While you can select multiple images you can only make changes to one image at a time, which is denoted by a thicker while outline.

MacProDude

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2006
SF Bay Area, CA
I use the lift and stamp method already suggested.

BTW, I think you can also apply certain things on import. Towards upper-right in the import screen, there's a button that lets you add additional modifications to apply to the images being imported. You can also save that as an import preset or default.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
yes, you can save also as preset and then use it either during import or when you need it for EACH image.. in batch mode only lift and stamp works..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.