Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XX55XX

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2009
No, not trying to post a meme to rile up anyone here (so, hence, no pictures), but I am wondering if anyone here watches the show?

At any rate, there's going to be a new episode tomorrow, concerning Applebloom, on the Hub.

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
Reminds me of Butters complaining that he'd rather be playing Hello Kitty: Island Adventure instead of World of Warcraft on South Park.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Eh. I'm 30 and just watched "Tangled"' a few days ago. I think if something is produced well and genuinely entertaining, one shouldn't rule it out.

Just think of how many people out there would critique us for joining and participating in a tech forum devoted to computers, mobile processors, coding, and tablet specs, and be quick to call us nerds or geeks.

Different strokes for different folks.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Just think of how many people out there would critique us for joining and participating in a tech forum devoted to computers, mobile processors, coding, and tablet specs, and be quick to call us nerds or geeks.

Different strokes for different folks.

Self proclaimed geek right here. Back to the op. Really why do you watch my little pony?

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Amusing thread. :D

I have to admit, I'll sit and watch The Backyardigans with my grandkids. But it's one of those shows that has goofy jokes for adults that go over the heads of the kids.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have two 6 year old girls and we don't watch that show. A 20 something watching a pony cartoon - that's really makes you wonder

XX55XX

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2009
I guess it appeals to people who are big fans of 1990s cartoons. Like me. But, yeah, I can see why many others might not "get" it.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I guess it appeals to people who are big fans of 1990s cartoons. Like me. But, yeah, I can see why many others might not "get" it.

No offense, but My Little Pony is not a cartoon that comes to mind when talking about 1990's cartoons. Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Looney Toons, Doug, etc. Those are cartoons that I remember from the 1990's. :D

XX55XX

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2009
No offense, but My Little Pony is not a cartoon that comes to mind when talking about 1990's cartoons. Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Looney Toons, Doug, etc. Those are cartoons that I remember from the 1990's. :D

Friendship is Magic is one of the newer cartoons. It's not as super-saccharine as the old ones. If you liked those character-driven cartoons you just mentioned, MLP: FiM is a great cartoon to watch.

If you are not a fan of cartoons at all, I'd would pass up on MLP: FiM. It's really for cartoon enthusiasts only.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
If you are not a fan of cartoons at all, I'd would pass up on MLP: FiM. It's really for cartoon enthusiasts only.

It also drives in the Western Stereotype that Animation is immature and never can be a legitimate storytelling medium. :rolleyes:

Your memory is failing. Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, and Animaniacs were great!

Rocko's Modern Life.

The Pioneer of see how much we can get past the censors. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.