Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Some iTunes Match users are encountering difficulties when attempting to download songs they have previously uploaded to iTunes Match. Matched songs appear unaffected for most users. Threads on both the MacRumors Forums and the Apple Support Communities detail the issues.

f1307386644-500x333.jpg

I keep getting the "error = -2114" and "Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again." It then moves to the next download and most times is succsesful. I am getting this error in the last few hours and to about 10-20% of my downloads.
The Verge confirms that the issue occurs in both iTunes 10.5.2 and 10.5.3, and on both Snow Leopard and Lion.

There has been no word from Apple about the outage and the iCloud System Status page does not reflect any current issues.

This isn't the first issue that Apple has run into with iTunes Match in recent days. Apple is reportedly investigating a problem with songs with explicit lyrics being converted from "explicit" to "clean" after being matched.

Article Link: Uploaded iTunes Match Songs Inaccessible for Some Users

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Having the same problem.

This combined with the whacky genius on the Apple TV tells me the engineers are making some changes to iCloud.

Kinda weird because it works fine on my IOS devices.

Explorz

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Hope they fix this soon. I've got thousands of songs that are inaccessible on my laptop and I go traveling in a few days.

Unfortunately for me, this happened just after I wiped my macbook of all songs and iTunes settings because Match was being such a pain in the ass.

Then when I turned match back on, none of the "uploaded" songs would download.

I wonder if Apple is aware of the extent of this.

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
iTunes Match also replaces album versions of songs with live concert recordings... not just swapping clean and explicit versions. It's really annoying.

I should add that it's happening only on my Mac and iPhone, so wrong answer about "windows problem" excuse.

room237

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Queens, NYC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

There's also the issue with iTunes match turning the last 15 seconds of about 10% of my matched songs to silence. I'm not the only one. No one is talking about that?

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Apple is having a variety of issues recently. Besides being QC issues, I feel they are caused by evolving the OS itself beyond what current customers need and want as a means to be forward leaning toward a future OSX/iOS convergence.

I have a suggestion for Apple. Don't forsake even "old" customers with 2-3 year old hardware. just because something is beyond the 1 year warranty period or the 2-3 year Apple Care period, does NOT mean you should stop supporting it.

Apple hardware lasts longer and is in service longer than comparable Wintel stuff precisely because the OS is efficient. As such, please support systems 7 years old or more for "compatibility, services, and security" and only limit your other support for features and hardware compatibility.

Breaking Apple TV, Rosetta, and even basic Snow Leopard software updates is only a symptom to a much larger problem.

Heck, why not issue an update for G4 that fully adopts iBooks, iTunes U, and other content focused services.

Rocketman

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
Sorry

My iTunes Match works perfectly -- it used to stop too often when downloading/streaming, it would quit after it played the first song. I changed to the Genius Mix, and everything is perfect.

As usual, things in the cloud are more individualized.

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
Apple is having a variety of issues recently. Besides being QC issues, I feel they are caused by evolving the OS itself beyond what current customers need and want as a means to be forward leaning toward a future OSX/iOS convergence.

I have a suggestion for Apple. Don't forsake even "old" customers with 2-3 year old hardware. just because something is beyond the 1 year warranty period or the 2-3 year Apple Care period, does NOT mean you should stop supporting it.

Rocketman

My iMac is 3 years old, and it loves Lion. You mean older.

Five year-old machines were made in 2007. My old Macmini is that old. All the machines weren't 64 bit then. A 32-bit machine can't fully use Lion, and that's the truth.

On the other hand, Windows will run on anything, but who cares?

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
Now and then it happens even to the best. But even Apple's worst imperfections are something others would give an arm and a leg (or a bad Android tablet) for.
So far, no problems on my Android streaming Audiogalaxy. Maybe those glitches are on the road ahead somewhere.

bns1201

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
i absolutely HATE the fact that I cannot upload new music direct to my iPhone without first going through itunes match. It is such a pain. Apple needs to fix this NOW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.