Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 8, 2012, 02:22 AM   #26
Sweetchilli
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alephnull12 View Post
Beatles suck.

What does any of this have to do with selling phones & computers? If they want to be a media company, they have to look politically agnostic to remain appealing as a tech company.

All this makes me want to do is make the switch to a more agnostic platform, for example Android.

This is among many things that could make Apple better by simply removing it.

Is Apple now run by a bunch of moralizing silly philanthropists? What the crap? I just want a functional phone and computer with as little bull attached to it (physically or karmically) as possible. Is Siri next going to break out in song and start lecturing me on how to be nicer? I'll throw it in the trash.

So how does this effect the functional use of your computer or phone ??? If your not interested ignore it.

1 . The fact you say the Beatles suck brings your credibility into question.
2. If you weren't aware that iTunes is a huge part of apples business for 10 years. And apple tv and it's likely full tv successor, appear to be the next big thing that they are working on. Then you should climb out from under the rock.
3. How is broadcasting a live concert making a political statement ?

Last edited by Sweetchilli; Feb 8, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
Sweetchilli is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 02:39 AM   #27
fatboyslick
macrumors regular

I completely respect Paul McCartney's contribition to music - obviously - but I just don't understand Apple's continued fascination with him. He's not made a good record since 1973.

If Apple want to promote Apple TV/iTunes, then why not choose a more relevant band with music that appeals to a cross-generation audience?
fatboyslick is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:09 AM   #28
rmwebs
Banned

Big whoop...yet more Beatles junk. Cant stand McCartney...very much full of himself. I know the americans have thing strange thing about the Beatles, and whilst sure they made great music they are very much overhyped and very irrelevant today. Its funny though, we dont really hear anything about them or McCartney at all in the UK as we simply dont care.

Personally I'd hardly call this awesome, amazing, etc.

It's clear Apple agree and know that the only people who really still give a damn about this guy is people in the US given that it'll be on at 3AM in the UK.

As someone else said: Retire already!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchilli View Post

The fact that you posted that brings YOUR credibility into question. Just because the OP doesn't like them it doesn't mean he's wrong. We've all got our own personal tastes in music.
rmwebs is offline   -6 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:19 AM   #29
BobbyRond
macrumors regular

Quote:
Beatles suck.
Too bad you don't like em, they did a lot for the world of music.

Paul McCartney solo? Yeah, don't care much for that either.

Quote:
What does any of this have to do with selling phones & computers? If they want to be a media company, they have to look politically agnostic to remain appealing as a tech company.

All this makes me want to do is make the switch to a more agnostic platform, for example Android.

Is Apple now run by a bunch of moralizing silly philanthropists? What the crap? I just want a functional phone and computer with as little bull attached to it (physically or karmically) as possible. Is Siri next going to break out in song and start lecturing me on how to be nicer? I'll throw it in the trash.
Apple started selling content before they started selling phones... Nothing new here.

How would Apple be better in making phones or computers if they stopped supplying content?
BobbyRond is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:21 AM   #30
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Yawn, Paul McCartny = Boring
Quote:
So how does this effect the functional use of your computer or phone ??? If your not interested ignore it.

2. If you weren't aware that iTunes is a huge part of apples business for 10 years. And apple tv and it's likely full tv successor, appear to be the next big thing that they are working on. Then you should climb out from under the rock.
3. How is broadcasting a live concert making a political statement ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslick View Post
I completely respect Paul McCartney's contribition to music - obviously - but I just don't understand Apple's continued fascination with him. He's not made a good record since 1973.

If Apple want to promote Apple TV/iTunes, then why not choose a more relevant band with music that appeals to a cross-generation audience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
Big whoop...yet more Beatles junk. Cant stand McCartney...very much full of himself. I know the americans have thing strange thing about the Beatles, and whilst sure they made great music they are very much overhyped and very irrelevant today. Its funny though, we dont really hear anything about them or McCartney at all in the UK as we simply dont care.

Personally I'd hardly call this awesome, amazing, etc.

It's clear Apple agree and know that the only people who really still give a damn about this guy is people in the US given that it'll be on at 3AM in the UK.

As someone else said: Retire already!

----------

Quote:

The fact that you posted that brings YOUR credibility into question. Just because the OP doesn't like them it doesn't mean he's wrong. We've all got our own personal tastes in music.
The last Post says it all.
Americans Love old fashion crap, just look at American Idol

Last edited by justperry; Feb 8, 2012 at 03:28 AM.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:46 AM   #31
Mr. Gates
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Beatles suck.

Whaaaaaaaa ...????

I would love for you to share with us YOUR taste in music !

You probably like Limp Bisquick or Lincoln Dork
Old Feb 8, 2012, 04:09 AM   #32
Sweetchilli
macrumors newbie

Quote:

How so ? Just because he/she doesn't like them doesn't mean they "suck"? It's just a lame comment. and combine that with the baseless rambling about agnostic politics and tech companies - all adds up to a lack of credibility to me.

If your not into the Beatles McCartney etc and think it irrelevant, that's fine ... But Move along, and why bother posting it ? Yes we all have our own tastes... But No one asked for your musical opinions.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gates View Post
Whaaaaaaaa ...????
Exactly what I was thinking

Last edited by Sweetchilli; Feb 8, 2012 at 04:37 AM.
Sweetchilli is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 04:33 AM   #33
eject
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyG View Post
Was this part of the settlement in the Apple Computer/Apple Corps suit?
Im guessing no. Apple Corps wouldn't be that future minded
eject is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 04:41 AM   #34
Cheebo
macrumors member

Will this work on iPads and iPhones?
Cheebo is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 04:49 AM   #35
eject
macrumors member

Quote:
Beatles suck.

Wow! What an odd rant. It has more do with selling phones and content delivery than it does spiritual or religous beliefs. Go and bore another forum with inane ramblings.
eject is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 04:53 AM   #36
RichardI
macrumors 6502a

Never thought I'd see the day. If I didn't feel old before, I certainly do now...
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:01 AM   #37
kemo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer4 View Post
So that will be about 1 AM in Europe.
what a perfect time for watchin a concert!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:28 AM   #38
bpaluzzi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Not sure what UK you're living in, but it's not the United Kingdom.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:40 AM   #39
cal6n
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Yep!

True now, true in 1970, true in all the years in between.

A truly dire has-been.
cal6n is offline   -9 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:55 AM   #40
emulator
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to emulator Send a message via AIM to emulator Send a message via MSN to emulator Send a message via Yahoo to emulator Send a message via Skype™ to emulator
What's next, walking with dinosaurs? Wait, ...
emulator is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:57 AM   #41
Jolly Jimmy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Quote:
Do you hear Autotune? Me neither.
Let's hope they don't give the show the "Good Evening New York City" treatment then... that record makes me sad.
Jolly Jimmy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 06:13 AM   #42
GenesisST
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Well, don't watch it, and ****.

And go back to listening to insipid music, like your "sister's" (Katy)...
Old Feb 8, 2012, 06:21 AM   #43
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Beatles suck.

Is Siri next going to break out in song and start lecturing me on how to be nicer? I'll throw it in the trash.
There is no arguing taste. I cannot criticize or evaluate current music as I know nothing about it. What little I have heard does not appeal to me - but that means nothing - it's just my taste.

The Beatles wrote music of the time. They were innovators, both musically and technically. Was every song great? Of course not. But their contribution to the development of music is,IMO, undeniable.

As far as Siri lecturing you on being nicer... well...no harm done.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 06:52 AM   #44
Biscuit411
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

No 'Kisses on the Bottom' wisecracks yet? You guys are letting me down...

:-)
Biscuit411 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 06:53 AM   #45
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Really guys, what did you expect Apple to live stream? Not the likes of M.I.A...

I'm pretty sure Sir Paul will act gentlemanly and non-controversial as he sings Baby Boomers to sleep.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 06:55 AM   #46
DroidRules
Banned

He's still alive? I thought the only one still kicking was Ringo

Has PM done anything worth while in the last 20 years?

I lost all respect for him when he married that winner of a girl with one leg..... You know the one that wanted all his money...... what moron doesn't have his future x wife sign a prenup?
DroidRules is offline   -7 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 06:58 AM   #47
E.Lizardo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Beatles suck.

That's the most bizarre post I've seen in a long time.*shakes head*
Old Feb 8, 2012, 07:06 AM   #48
DudeDad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
The last Post says it all.
Americans Love old fashion crap, just look at American Idol
American Idol is the US version of the British show...so if the American's love old fashion crap....
DudeDad is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2012, 07:25 AM   #49
Amazing Iceman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Beatles suck.

Heil to the King of Trolls!

I wonder where you copy-and-paste the above from. It definitely makes no sense in this thread. An I bet you don't even understand most of it.
Here's some advise for you:
Don't do drugs, stay in school, don't listen to crap music and don't pop your zits!
You do that, and you may survive puberty.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 07:27 AM   #50
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Ivan P
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyG View Post
(See: SARCASM)
You do realise sarcasm is a lot harder to pick up on when it's conveyed via text? Not to mention it was a pretty bad attempt at it. Get over yourself.
Ivan P is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion