Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Using the new OSX beta 7.1.48

don't know if anyone else will find this but it's just a warning

I uninstalled using the new uninstaller and then installed the new beta and when it started up, it wiped out my user and passkey and started folding under team 0.

of course, I didn't notice this had happened for a day...

will let this current 13-hour long WU finish up and then enter my info...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
don't know if anyone else will find this but it's just a warning

I uninstalled using the new uninstaller and then installed the new beta and when it started up, it wiped out my user and passkey and started folding under team 0.

of course, I didn't notice this had happened for a day...

will let this current 13-hour long WU finish up and then enter my info...

thanks for the heads up

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Thank You!!

though it's gonna slow down a bit because one of my GPUs is getting way too hot... might have to RMA that...

Louis

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
yeah get that taken care of. but you've been putting up some good numbers, so hopefully you get that fixed

Thanks -- I'll see about getting it looked at (hmm, warranty?) looks like without that GPU and attendant CPU my numbers will stabilize at around 70 K PPD. Not horrible, but not where we all need to be!

Louis

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Thanks -- I'll see about getting it looked at (hmm, warranty?) looks like without that GPU and attendant CPU my numbers will stabilize at around 70 K PPD. Not horrible, but not where we all need to be!

Louis

good luck with the warranty thing. that might be your only option, if you are sure it's faulty.

well 70K PPD is better than nothing.

oh, and i have a surprise coming this week! watch out for it! hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
good luck with the warranty thing. that might be your only option, if you are sure it's faulty.

well 70K PPD is better than nothing.

oh, and i have a surprise coming this week! watch out for it! hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday

I don't really know how to tell if it's faulty; I'll get in touch with EVGA about it once the craziness dies down.

can't complain about the 70 K PPD; only a measly 8 K of that is from the CPU; the rest is a 560 (25 K) and a 660 (36 K) GPU...

and now I'm really curious about what you've got coming down the pipe! I have the feeling it'll result in a major shakeup on the leader board!

Louis

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I don't really know how to tell if it's faulty; I'll get in touch with EVGA about it once the craziness dies down.

can't complain about the 70 K PPD; only a measly 8 K of that is from the CPU; the rest is a 560 (25 K) and a 660 (36 K) GPU...

and now I'm really curious about what you've got coming down the pipe! I have the feeling it'll result in a major shakeup on the leader board!

Louis

well hopefully EVGA is helpful and is willing to work with you on it.

yeah CPU folding isn't what it used to be, at least for ones we can afford!

yeah i'm excited about it! it should be here tonight, and hopefully i'll have time to get it setup before i have to go to bed (work comes early tomorrow). we'll see!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.