Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
I have a VX Revolution from Logitech and a wireless Aluminium keyboard from Apple, the latter is extremely responsive, but I am coming in terms of the mouse being less responsive than I want it to be.

I dont want to get the magic mouse as I dislike Apple mice. I have a Wacom tablet on my desk, but that's used for other purposes.

Using my MBP in the clamshell mode is great, but the unresponsive mouse is killing me. I don't have a cell phone nearby, so that's not the issue. Receiver is well close enough to the mouse.

So the question is: ergonmic 2 button mouse with a wire (I use a USB hub). Bluetooth mice are quite expensive so don't want to get into that, unless...there is something good that's worth the cash.

Thanks!

Suno

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2011
Can i ask why you would want to go with a wired mouse? they seem a bit outdated and for me unusable in some cases.

1. In many cases it's cheaper than bluetooth.

2. It's more responsive.

That's really the only two reasons I can think of off the top of my head. I play games so having a responsive mouse is a must.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
LOGITECH M305
it uses a dongle
IMO the best mouse
its often for sale for >$15
had it for several months and still using the battery it came with. Also comes in lots of colours.

Everyone on MR (it seems) likes logitech.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Can i ask why you would want to go with a wired mouse? they seem a bit outdated and for me unusable in some cases.

I don't move my mouse anymore, so I wouldn't mind have a cable that runes through the back of my desk. I'm always on the move and I dock my MBP to my monitor and work right away.

A few examples why I prefer a wired mouse:

1. More responsive
2. No batteries to worry about (although I could get rechargable batteries..)

LOGITECH M305
it uses a dongle
IMO the best mouse
its often for sale for >$15
had it for several months and still using the battery it came with. Also comes in lots of colours.

Everyone on MR (it seems) likes logitech.

I have one of these tiny mice, it's terrible for work, imo. I use Adobe applications and my arm used to get cramped all the time. The current mouse is this one, which is fairly old. It's bigger than the other micro laptop mice.

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
LOGITECH M305

I've used this mouse for a few months and very much like it. It was recently replaced with a Logitech Anywhere MX, and the M305 now serves my wife's MBP. Admittedly moving from a full sized mouse to the smaller form factor took a bit of getting used to, but it didn't take too long.

Mutinygraphiks

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
out of all wired mouses this is the one i have used and trust, its cheap and reliable.

21NlcaMq-3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

here is a link to buy it.

Kensington Mouse.

Yury

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011
SDAVE

Look at Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 & 4.0. This is the best ergonomic mouses ever - relax for hand. I worked with version 4.0 more than 5 years, but it got left click issue. Now my 5 y.o. IME 4.0 stuck with this issue and I'm looking for an alternative, but till now has no luck. Thinking to buy the same model again & don't care for that issue :)

sexiewasd

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2012
Back in Your Head
out of all wired mouses this is the one i have used and trust, its cheap and reliable.

here is a link to buy it.

Kensington Mouse.

That mouse is an a4Tech mouse rebranded. The x750bf is the best version that they've sold, but I agree that are one of my favorite mice, and some of the nicest that I've owned.

I've also owned a lot of intellimouse explorer 3.0's (and 1.1's, and opticals) which are very comfortable and responsive. I also have the mx revolution, and it's one of the worst mice i've had. The mx 6 series mice are a nicer version, and the mx400 is a corded version. They are all comfortable, but unresponsive (even the corded version).

willgreene99

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
DFW
I switched to this mouse recently and for the past several months, it is one of the best I have used. Response is good but my preference is that it is smooth. It almost feels like a hovercraft when it glides across the pad. I didn't think it would have made such a difference, but it did, for me.

And the pulsating glow is cool.

taipan-04.png

Here is the link to the mouse: http://www.razerzone.com/taipan#top

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I would only buy a wired mouse--if I want to be wireless I will use the trackpad on my MacBook. Love my Razer Imperator. :D

Attachments

• razer-imperator-gallery-1.png
    razer-imperator-gallery-1.png
    287 KB · Views: 497

shiekh

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
For those not always looking for change for the sake of change; the HP GW405AT is a solid mouse based on a solid design. I ordered one to replace a cordless apple magic mouse at work, as cordless just doesn't make sense to me for a mouse or keyboard, and the Apple corded mouse has a scroll ball that always clogs; I also have this HP laser mouse at home, and it has never let me down.

Attachments

• HP.jpeg
    HP.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 2,736

amnaggar

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2016
1. In many cases it's cheaper than bluetooth.

2. It's more responsive.

That's really the only two reasons I can think of off the top of my head. I play games so having a responsive mouse is a must.
May I add one reason I need a wired mouse... after a year of using my MacBook Air touchpad I felt the tips of my fingers hurt and radiation in my hands... I thought a wireless mouse would solve the issue! It didn't! I feel awful radiation from the wireless mouth! I did research this and found a lot of other people with my symptoms. So going for good old school wired! (Like I am good old school on food from from the soil, not packed and off a shelf, etc. etc. :))

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
I don't use wireless mice and keyboards. You have to replace the batteries from time to time and they are unreliable in my experience...

Has anyone's wireless mouse or keyboard ever outlasted a decent set of rechargeable batteries? I use Eneloops and based on their rating lasting hundreds of charges and time between charges I expect them to live for ten years plus. They are currently two years old and are not showing any sign of holding less charge. The mechanics of my mouse and keyboard will likely be dead by then.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Old post. But I've been using the G500 gaming (I don't game) mouse with my Mac. It's old and pretty ugly, but it's super responsive which I like more than the Apple Magic Mouse 1 or 2.

Reactions: KingOfStuff
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.