Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 8, 2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Mikey86uk
macrumors 6502

Cheaper version of the smart cover?

Hi Guys, i have a case for when im out and about, but would like to use a smart cover for home, and saw this: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/238844...rlrefer=search

anyone tried one? also anything else out there which works like the smart cover?

Thanks
Mikey86uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:13 AM   #2
LeeM
macrumors 6502a

Many of the reviews I've read for the cheaper one say they're pretty crap. Magnets not as strong and they start peeling at the edges. I've got an official apple one and would recommend it highly, I know it's 35 which is pretty expensive but in comparison to the 400+ piece of kit its protecting I'd say it's worth it. Just ordered a zum back cover to go with it too and still think 55 is worth it to protect the ipad
LeeM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Mikey86uk
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM View Post
Many of the reviews I've read for the cheaper one say they're pretty crap. Magnets not as strong and they start peeling at the edges. I've got an official apple one and would recommend it highly, I know it's 35 which is pretty expensive but in comparison to the 400+ piece of kit its protecting I'd say it's worth it. Just ordered a zum back cover to go with it too and still think 55 is worth it to protect the ipad
Where can i find the ZUM in the UK?

Ebay have them, but there coming from Hong Kong which i dont like the sound of.

Thanks

EDIT: Dont worry found them on Amazon UK, went for the white one, and will get a smart cover in the week from Apple.

Thanks for the info

Last edited by Mikey86uk; Jan 8, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
Mikey86uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 02:32 PM   #4
LeeM
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey86uk View Post
Where can i find the ZUM in the UK?

Ebay have them, but there coming from Hong Kong which i dont like the sound of.

Thanks

EDIT: Dont worry found them on Amazon UK, went for the white one, and will get a smart cover in the week from Apple.

Thanks for the info
ive got a white one from amazon uk, got a white ipad and a blue smart cover. think i might swap to a grey one though soon, might nip into apple and see if they'll let me try a coupel to see how they look with the zum
LeeM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:05 PM   #5
ejisfun
macrumors regular

Two suggestions:

1) Check ebay for official smart covers. Most I've seen (even leather ones) are going for about $20-30 nowadays.

2) If you don't like ebay for whatever reason, or want a new product, then check out the Khomo case. It seems to have mixed reviews, but it's cheap and some people swear by it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories