Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
As much as I enjoy reading about leaks, I wonder why Apple isn't cracking down on all this leakage!

Surely Apple is checking out the rumour sites?

Because to issue a take down would be a confirmation. Right now all these parts are nothing more than a bag of bones and the rumor sites are using forensics and conjecture to make a conclusion. They could be right but could be parts from decoys or prototypes. Remember the thin iPhone 5 last year and all the manufactures rushed to make cases to fit that design only to find out there was no iPhone 5 or significant design change.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
I really can't see them calling it the iPad 2S if it has a retina display.

totally with you on this one. but its apple's call.
Doesnt matter, we can still call it the ipad 3 because its the third generarion:)

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
As much as I enjoy reading about leaks, I wonder why Apple isn't cracking down on all this leakage!

Surely Apple is checking out the rumour sites?

I am starting to believe that there are going to be some big software announcements related to the new features/screen resolution that they might be more concerned with guarding than the hardware. I'm hopeful at least (Please Aperture!).

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
I haven't seen anyone suggest this yet, but with all of the physical similarities to the iPad 2, naming the new device a 2s seems pretty logical.

if you go by apples naming/schedule for the iphone it would be a 2S maybe they will who knows.

As much as i want the retina display and everything part of me still wonders if apple is purposly leaking things like the backcase to make everyone think it will look the same. Then march 7th comes and bam its totally different.
Won't be long before iPad2 sues iPad3 for looking exactly the same.

reminds me of the coke zero add's from awhile ago where they want to sue one another

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Someone should seriously unify all these parts leaks together and see what badboy comes to life.

Jokes aside, I'm shocked at the amount of leaks we've had of the iPad 3, compared to those of the iPhone 4S and the lack of rumours and leaks of a supposed new MacBook Pro.

Apple has been known to do controlled leaks to build hype... ;)

----------

As much as i want the retina display and everything part of me still wonders if apple is purposly leaking things like the backcase to make everyone think it will look the same. Then march 7th comes and bam its totally different.

I'm sure I've heard people say that before :p it unfortunately is never true though.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
if you go by apples naming/schedule for the iphone it would be a 2S maybe they will who knows.

reminds me of the coke zero add's from awhile ago where they want to sue one another

na the back case has been leaked on more then 1 source, meaning its 99% to be true. and i wouldnt be suprised because the ultra hair increase in thickness is actually nice if this makes up for a better battery ect :)

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Why does it matter whether it looks the same?

Anyway, I think Apple will stick with the generation-based naming scheme for the iPad for the time being. So iPad 2S is unlikely IMO.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's an iPad 2 people! Start preparing yourselves!

Yes. That naming convention is quite logical if they keep a version of the iPad 2 as the "lower cost" model. Similar aesthetic design but "S" adds HD and has quad core proc + option for LTE. Then next year minor speed bump but complete design change.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Yeah, those opaque glass fronts are so damned hard to use.:rolleyes: :D

Mine came with all black glass. Couldn't see a thing.

Turned out to be a great feature by allowing quality time without
internet , e-mail bother, facebook and all.

Great product! Scared to call Apple, as they may ask me to send it in!

Icemilk

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
Denver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

It ain't gonna be the iPad 2S folks. And I'm kinda sick of reading that comment. This is a completely different beast. The 3GS and 4S got those names because they looked exactly like their predecessors. This iPad, though similar, will not look precisely the same. It's a complete update based on the enclosure design alone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.