Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
anyone find a clear case that is compatible for the new ipad and is available? i am not gonna be brand picky as long as it covers the whole back.

Maximus831

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I just ordered the Incipio Lexington but can't figure out if the back is made out of plastic, leather, or a combination of plastic and leather. Anyone know?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
are there any smart cover cases like the apple one but not at the apple premium. I have a blue one on my iPad 2 and for $70 it should have held up a lot better then it did.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
What seems better/different about the Lexington than the STM Skinny? Anything? They seem similar and the Skinny was a great case, so I assume this is as well. Only I never liked the flap/tab.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
ugh im probably gonna have to wait till after march 16 to order a case and my ipad will be here by than already :( i really want a switch easy case but was told they wouldnt be out till after the release date for the new ipad.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
What seems better/different about the Lexington than the STM Skinny? Anything? They seem similar and the Skinny was a great case, so I assume this is as well. Only I never liked the flap/tab.

I remember the STM skinny having the belt loop flap get really loose after awhile.

This incipio seems to have a thIcker belt loop

Will post back with feeback once I get the case...for $34 shipped its worth a shot

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I remember the STM skinny having the belt loop flap get really loose after awhile.

Will post back with feeback once I get the case...for $34 shipped its worth a shot

Yeah, not a bad price at all. Let us know how you end up liking it. Is Incipio planning on shipping before the new iPad?

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
It doesnt look like plastic it looks like polyurethane

----------

Yeah, not a bad price at all. Let us know how you end up liking it. Is Incipio planning on shipping before the new iPad?

no, they will start to ship it on the 16th

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
what do u think the back is made of?

do u think the flap is annoying or its actually good to have?

Emoo

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Texas

The Skinny for iPad 3 has coverage for all sides of the iPad now, which was the only big thing that annoyed me. I like the colors better from STM, and the buckle/loop seems less intrusive than on the Lexington. The flap looks annoying, but I'd rather have a way to secure it shut than not. Preordering like whoa. :D

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
The Skinny for iPad 3 has coverage for all sides of the iPad now, which was the only big thing that annoyed me. I like the colors better from STM, and the buckle/loop seems less intrusive than on the Lexington. The flap looks annoying, but I'd rather have a way to secure it shut than not. Preordering like whoa. :D

which case are u going to preorder?

Emoo

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
which case are u going to preorder?

STM Skinny for iPad 3 (in Berry, to be specific).

OH, also! Coupon code for RadTech — 20% off:

AUG2011

/shrug. Still works. Shipping for me is 4.50, so 36 total for back and front protection is lovely. Have to wait about two weeks to get it, but I've got a slipcover til then. Or I'll buy a cheapo one at BBY.

Emoo

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
I wonder if Best Buy is going to have cases for the new iPad available next week.

Did they have them available last year? There was that story floating around that they had loads of VersaVu cases for iPad 3 at their warehouses.

lovespicyfood

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Great thread! On my Ipad2 I had a smart cover and a GreatShield back cover and I really liked it. Good protection that I would buttress with a neoprene zip bag when I travelled. It's nice to have an option to take off the smart cover when you're at home and want a more organic feel for your Ipad. :)

AutomaticHaze

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2008
Texas

Any chance that you know if the Lexington's insides are plastic or suede? I want to buy but I am weary is the inside (where the iPad's back is placed) is plastic. I don't want it to mar up the back of the iPad.

I was thinking about switcheasy canvas, but it looks to bulky for me. Trying to decide between the STM Skinny or the Lexington.

Thanks.

jbimler

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
Any chance that you know if the Lexington's insides are plastic or suede? I want to buy but I am weary is the inside (where the iPad's back is placed) is plastic. I don't want it to mar up the back of the iPad.

I was thinking about switcheasy canvas, but it looks to bulky for me. Trying to decide between the STM Skinny or the Lexington.

Thanks.
Says right on the page it's suede on the inside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.