Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After the Apple online store came back up following Wednesday's media event, we noted among other observations that the Canadian store was showing a delivery estimate of March 16-20 for orders. While new orders are now shipping on March 22, Apple has noted that when a customer's order arrives within that window is based on delivery zones covering the country.

ipad_delivery_zones_canada.jpg

As noted by iPadinCanada, Apple even displays a map showing the delivery zones during the checkout process so that customers know when their orders will arrive.
If your delivery quote reads "Delivers: March 16-March 20´´, then your new iPad will deliver on March 16 in major cities and surrounding areas (zone 1). Otherwise, if you live in zone 2, your estimated delivery date is March 19, and if you live in zone 3 your estimated delivery date is March 20. Please add 1-2 additional business days for delivery of personalised products or for zones 4 or 5.

If your quote reads "Ships: By March 19´´, this map does not apply. You will receive your new iPad within 7 days after shipping.
The vast majority of Canada's population is included in Zone 1, meaning that early iPad orders for those customers will indeed arrive on the launch date of March 16. But for those customers located in more remote areas, their orders may not arrive until the following Monday or Tuesday, or even later in the farthest-flung areas of the country.

ipad_delivery_zones_australia.jpg

A similar system is in place for Australia, with the country's major cities covered by Zone 1 with March 16 delivery for early orders but outlying areas seeing delivery on the following Monday or Tuesday. New orders placed in Australia are currently scheduled to ship on March 22 as availability as tightened up following the launch of pre-orders.

Article Link: Apple Offers Guides to iPad Delivery Dates for Early Orders in Canada and Australia

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Glad I don't live in Nunavut..

I've often wondered how large of a 'tecchie' community exists there in any case.. And if it does, do they have the same passion for their gadgets? I wonder if anyone in Nunavut cares if they're a few days or even a week behind.

On the upswing, I'm in Zone 1, so I'm a happy camper. :) Thanks MacRumors. This was welcome information!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeesh, I live in Bum Fu$& Pennsyltucky...might have to wait until June

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I live in NYC and just received a "shipped" notice. Says I'll receive on March 16th by 3pm. I'll be working that day so I'm having it shipped to my uncle's building where a doorman can pick it up. I miss my iPad 2!! But the feeling of anticipation is always nice.

peb123

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2010
Perth is in zone 2, but North of Perth is Zone 1. That makes no sense! Its the frigging capital of Western Australia and is the largest city in the state!

craznar

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Perth is in zone 2, but North of Perth is Zone 1. That makes no sense! Its the frigging capital of Western Australia and is the largest city in the state!

And here I thought it was the only city in the state :)

Seriously though - I just suspect a mapping error, given so much of Perth 'population' is south of Perth - I think it is just drawn wrong.

Nyalotha

macrumors member
May 27, 2011
I keep seeing these reports of "Shipped" notices for American addresses. Anybody in Canada get a similar notice?

I bought mine at like....8-9 pm that night, I received my e-mail saying shipped today at noon.

edit: I'm in Ottawa

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
I keep seeing these reports of "Shipped" notices for American addresses. Anybody in Canada get a similar notice?

Just checked and mine's still "preparing for shipment" which I suppose is one up from where it started.

Edit: I ordered within an hour of the event ending. I'm in Kitchener-1.5h from Toronto.

yyc engineer

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2010
The Canada map is so random. So if you live on the other side of the AB/SK border the UPS guy will just sit in his truck for 1-2 business days before he drops it off at your farm? lol

megagoune

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2008
I am tracking mine on the UPS site. It went from Shenzhen to Hong-Kong to Anchorage already.
I ordered on the first day around 5pm, I am in Montreal.
It was saying delivered on 19-20 when I ordered, but I am hoping to get it sooner.

604anyone

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
I preordered 2 white 16gb wifi only shortly after the announcement around 1pm PST and status is "preparing for shipment" :S
I'm in Vancouver btw.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.

First reaction: Haha, massive geography fail.

Second reaction: Hmm, I'm only just inside the Zone 1 for my delivery. Maybe they got my zoning wrong too. Plus I'm in one of the flood affected areas. No disrespect those affected, I'm just excited.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Damnit why no information about the UK, yeah I know the UK is small but still, it'd be nice to have some information!

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
So let me get this straight? The guy from the South has to praise the Canadian North to a Canadian?

Just checking...

Seriously, it is apparently pretty nice. A friend of mine went to Iqualuit and he loved it.

I'm actually born and raised in northern Indiana and went to Canada, camping, on every vacation I ever had as a child. So yah know. I also lived in MN, FL and NH.

Edit: I meant to say "nearly every vacation". And how could anyone assume someone's current location is where they are from??

Last edited:

joseph2166

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
Damnit why no information about the UK, yeah I know the UK is small but still, it'd be nice to have some information!

Would you prefer it to take an extra day to reach the outer reaches of the Fens, or the farthest flung corners of Cornwall?

If its any consolation, mine shipped early morning today (Sat), having been ordered as soon as the UK store got back up. I live in London by the way, so I guess that would be Zone 1 if you really want to work to these Australian and Canadian terms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.