Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While shipping notices for pre-orders of the iPad began going out over the weekend, those notices have been accompanied by "future delivery requested" notes indicating that Apple is working with delivery companies to coordinate the launch for this Friday, March 16. But the new 1080p-capable Apple TV set-top box is also set to debut at that same time, and at least some U.S. pre-order customers are receiving notifications that their packages are already out for delivery today.

apple_tv_3_15_delivery.jpg

The first hint of potential early delivery for Apple TV pre-orders surfaced yesterday when they began appearing in FedEx shipping notices with overnight shipping and estimated deliveries of today. But the initial shipping estimates appeared to be based only on the fact that shipping information had been received by FedEx, with the actual packages not yet showing up in the system.

But the packages themselves did start registering in FedEx's tracking system during the overnight hours and have moved quickly to their final distribution points, and a number of MacRumors readers have reported that the packages are out for delivery.

Early delivery of the Apple TV would be a welcome surprise for a number of customers waiting to stream the higher-resolution content to their televisions, and would not be unheard for Apple. While the focus is on coordinating an iPad launch for Friday with in-store launches occurring on the same day, the Apple TV is much less of a priority and thus Apple is likely unconcerned about the shipments of the new device coming in a day early. On the contrary, getting some of the Apple TV orders delivered today could be part of the plan to help ease the load on delivery companies for tomorrow's busy iPad launch.

Update: Deliveries of the new Apple TV are indeed being made today:

apple_tv_2012_delivered.jpg

(Thanks, Nan Zi!)

Article Link: Some U.S. Pre-Orders of New Apple TV Arriving a Day Early

MacD

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
I got a call from FedEx it was coming today and shows it's at the local facility this morning. I imagine, they did this to easy the burden on Friday's iPad deliveries.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Shipping companies to apple: "okay you know we're going to screw one up, do you want it to be the iPad or apple tv?

Apple: umm err Apple tv!

fxtech

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2008
I got a call from FedEx it was coming today and shows it's at the local facility this morning. I imagine, they did this to easy the burden on Friday's iPad deliveries.

Probably - was surprised to see mine is set to arrive today.

BigChiefSmokem

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
Mine was last scanned at:
Louisville, KY, United States 03/11/2012 11:26 A.M. Arrival Scan

Looks like UPS is holding iPads at the Worldport

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I had mine redirected because I wouldn't be home to sign for it. Just got the TrackThis notification that it's waiting patiently for Daddy at the local Kinkos :)

lshaner

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
Both of my new Apple TV's are out for delivery today. :)
My new iPad 3 is still showing "Future Delivery Requested" for tomorrow, 3/16. :-(

joelvega125

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Right...you "got a call" from FedEx.

scott911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2009
I've been waiting for this puppy since #2 missed the 1080P target!

Happily waiting at work for the box to come on up... some apple geek co-workers are going to be synced!:p

joelvega125

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

b11051973 said:
Mine is out for delivery right now.

No it's not.

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
My AppleTV is stated as on truck for delivery today as well.

My iPad also started moving but is still stated for tomorrow. Its been held in PA, is now in NJ, with destination being VA near DC.

joelvega125

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010

scott911 said:
I've been waiting for this puppy since #2 missed the 1080P target!

Happily waiting at work for the box to come on up... some apple geek co-workers are going to be synced!:p

"puppy"? And WTF are you going to do with it at work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.