Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ELMI0001

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2009
Olympic Hills GC
Mine went 500+ miles in 14 minutes ... hmm, that's almost 2000 mph! I didn't know the AppleTV was going to be snappier :D

(snappier jokes still funny?)

appletvshipping.png

And yes, there is a time zone change.

MarcKerr

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Indiana
I would imagine he is simply having it delivered to the office he works at, so he doesn't have to either miss the delivery or pre-sign and have it sitting at his doorstep for hours (and could potentially be stolen).

Exactly! and deliveries to businesses usually show up before 10AM :D

iRobertM

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Seattle WA.
I feel like this comment is automatically added by a bot or something the moment a new article is posted.

Nearly all first comments on articles here are short quick one liners as some "race" to be first. I don't get the allure, starting to wonder if MacRumors gives out a prize to the account with the most top comments every month.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine was just delivered but I'm leaving town today and will not be able to pick it up until tomorrow.

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
I'm in the UK and my new AppleTV looks like it's sat with my new iPad at the couriers depot about 20 miles from my house...

Had my "items shipped" email and text this morning saying both are due to arrive tomorrow :)

krigsmakten

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Received, installed and tested

Got mine this morning - hooked up to a Yamaha RX-V667 (HDMI 1.3) and then to a Sharp 1080P - with WiFi connection

Works great - prettier picture for sure - audio sounds better too.

Only thing that doesn't work is internet radio - it just sits there and searches and searches for stations - is this service down or what's up?

Now I'll have to figure out a way to "tweak" it to stream directly from my computer without using the Apple cloud approach.

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Mine should come any minute! Ordered it with my iPad, thought they'd come in the same box. By the way my iPad tracking originated in Middletown Pennsylvania, not China as usual! Looks like they had indeed preshipped them to central locations. The AppleTV tracking also originated in Middletown. Nice name!

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Now I'll have to figure out a way to "tweak" it to stream directly from my computer without using the Apple cloud approach.

We just run iTunes with Home Sharing enabled from our MBPs, and the AppleTV (once you’ve enabled Home Sharing and logged into the same account) can browse the shared iTunes library media. Pretty simple and seamless.

We go the other way quit a bit too for music, i.e., from iTunes on one of our machines, AirPlay across to the AppleTV.

If you want to share non-iTunes based media you can JB it and install something like XBMC ... I was doing this to stream movies from a filesystem on one of our media servers, but just lost the JB from the V5 OS update (I suspect it’ll be JB-able again in the very near future).

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Yep, mine just arrived as well. Too bad I won't be home today to play with it. Then double-duty tomorrow with the new iPad and ATV3. Can't wait! :rolleyes:

Viziony

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
mine just came in about 45 minutes ago. Sucks because I am at work, and the box is sitting right next to me.

I am definitely waiting anxiously for the jailbreak fix for this, I need my PLEX fix.

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Mine still says tomorrow by 5pm via Overnight... :( The facility is close to me though, maybe it will arrive today and they just forgot to scan it on the truck going out?

rockos

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2007
Mine Just Arrived

Mine Just Arrived thank you apple and Fedex. Now Waiting on Sony to Deliver my new XBR 55" next week.

rockos

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Got mine about 9am today, already all hooked up and watched a 1080p TV show.. works great, love it!

My only complaint is that Photo Stream has to be the same one as the Home Sharing… which for me, doesn't work… I need to use a different Apple ID for both. Oh well, maybe in an update.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
My only complaint is that Photo Stream has to be the same one as the Home Sharing… which for me, doesn't work… I need to use a different Apple ID for both. Oh well, maybe in an update.

When I started my Photostream it prompted to use the existing Apple ID we setup for Home Sharing/iTunes or “another Apple ID”.

Not sure what order I did anything, but it definitely allowed two different accounts (my wife doesn’t have a photo stream under her AID, but we use hers for our “master” AID for purchases and whatnot). Seeing my photos, and got Home sharing, etc., up and running.

I’m running a 2nd Gen but with the new v5 OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.