Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
Fixed my issues for not listing TV shows properly, all out of order

For instance I had purchased BBC's Life and it was showing at the bottom of the list instead of alphabetically

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Just my luck with timing...

Software Update pops up and offers 10.6. I tell it to download and install. Installation completes, Software Update does another check, and offers 10.6.1. It must've been released whilst 10.6 was installing!

farkingdom

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2012
I'm experiencing a bug here after the software update to 10.6.1, using Windows 7 and web browsing is still accessible.

Whenever I try to access iTunes Store, it returns:
"We could not complete your itunes store request. the network connection could not be established."

Then, I realized only clicking the home button on the menu bar of iTunes Store brings out this message. Whereas I can connect perfectly fine when clicking the others such as: "Appstore, Books, Podcast, iTunes U", updating my apps and searching for apps. Just the home button is bugged.

Anyone know the fix or where I can report this?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
hurrdurr breaking news derrrr iTunes update ! herrrrr

I like how this is news. As if it's more likely we'd open MacRumors than open iTunes and have it tell us to update....

As the others have said, my iTunes stays open almost all the time because its my media server. I've been in it for two hours and didn't know there is an update. Oh well, congratulations on increasing your post count.

I'm experiencing a bug here after the software update to 10.6.1, using Windows 7 and web browsing is still accessible.

"We could not complete your itunes store request. the network connection could not be established."

Then, I realized only clicking the home button on the menu bar of iTunes Store brings out this message. Whereas I can connect perfectly fine when clicking the others such as: "Appstore, Books, Podcast, iTunes U", updating my apps and searching for apps. Just the home button is bugged.

Anyone know the fix or where I can report this?

Windows 7 x64 and no issues with the Home button.

DESNOS

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
I did try it, and it had a weird problem where sometimes it would jump out of full screen mode. It was clunky working with playlists, as well.

The joys of open source... So much potential, utter chaos in practice, unless managed well that is. Most open source software I've used has been unreliable.

EDIT: VLC is not one of the worst though.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Maybe it's something unique to my system, but syncing has been a nightmare ever since IOS 5 for me. Syncing doesn't complete, the device tells me x items couldn't be synced see iTunes for details (often for large values of x) but iTunes sits there mum, I get dozens of apps with the update bar stuck.

Seems like every time I sync I need to do it 4 or 5 times to finally get it all worked out. Wiping the devices haven't helped.

I don't know if it's because I'm always up against the storage limit or because we have 3 devices syncing to the same computer, but it's a disaster and I don't think fixing the show ordering is going to resolve it.

ARM1968

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
Wirelessly posted

Can't see this unless it is the Apple TV remote. Would of thought they'd just use an app for iPhone or iPad. But I guess there might be those buying one who have no iOS device. Seems odd.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wish they would fix it... my iPhone takes forever to sync. 9 times out of 10 it just times out and fails.

I'm confused. Since iOS 5 and iCloud, I haven't ever synced my iPhone with iTunes. All of the syncing is done over-the-air. What need is being met by syncing with iTunes the "old-fashioned" way?

----------

The joys of open source... So much potential, utter chaos in practice, unless managed well that is. Most open source software I've used has been unreliable.

EDIT: VLC is not one of the worst though.

You haven't used a lot of open-source software then. *Most* open-source software doesn't even have a graphic user interface, it's strictly command-line. Many of the graphical applications that are based on open-source efforts can suffer from the effects of a volunteer community, though. But VLC definitely isn't one of them. While it hasn't been perfect, it's been one of the better-managed projects.

leo.andres.21

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
Centre of the Attention
I haven't use iTunes since forever. Since I started using Spotify, I get access to my iTunes library and playlists too. Only times I turn on iTunes is either by mistake or I need to sync my iPhone :D

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
I'm glad the crash bug with the Grid view was fixed. That was a nasty one -- reproducible consistently just by increasing the album art size -- and I'm surprised Apple's QA didn't catch it.

apolkowski

macrumors regular

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Doeas anyone have a clue when Match will be available in Poland?

Don't hold you breath! They need to sort it out before they roll it to further countries!
Quite a few bugs STILL persist. Unmatched artwork. Shuffle problems. Syncing problems and much more.

jMc

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2001
London N8, Late-16th Century
I'm confused. Since iOS 5 and iCloud, I haven't ever synced my iPhone with iTunes. All of the syncing is done over-the-air. What need is being met by syncing with iTunes the "old-fashioned" way?

Podcasts for one. They're not stored in the cloud or synced with Match - they still have to be manually synced via iTunes. It's the only reason I still have to sync manually almost every day :( - and seems like such a needless limitation.

jMc

burtba

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008

Yep same here. I had hopes, I thought finally no new functions just bug fix's which it & Lion in general really needs more than new features, but this is a POS. I guess I'l just roll back to a few hours ago.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I'm surprised so many people still use iTunes. I became fed up with it last year when I realized that Spotify could find and start playing my local music faster than iTunes, and then, not only that, it could even find and play songs that weren't on my machine faster than iTunes could for songs that were!

Oh, and Spotify suggestions seem to be vastly better than Genius suggestions.

Plus I like the apps that add on extra features, like synchronized lyrics from TuneWiki.

I didn't delete iTunes from my computer entirely, but I removed it from the dock and told it to never launch itself again. I think I decided to launch it a few months ago when I bought a Japanese soundtrack CD that wasn't available on Spotify, so I could rip and sync it to my iPhone.

Yeah, until Apple decides to slim down iTunes, I'm going to use it as little as possible. App store should be an entirely seperate app. Syncing should be an entirely seperate app too, given the days of only syncing music to iPods is long gone.

bboyredcel

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
is there continuous play on TV Espisodes yet? Seems like a pretty fundamental feature to me, yet it is missing.

unless i just havent spotted it yet

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I'm surprised so many people still use iTunes. I became fed up with it last year when I realized that Spotify could find and start playing my local music faster than iTunes, and then, not only that, it could even find and play songs that weren't on my machine faster than iTunes could for songs that were!

Spotify doesn't even come close to what iTunes offers in terms of library organization and flexible Metadata-based editing, sorting and presentation of your music files. Especially if your collection also contains a lot of classical music. Even though it's far from perfect, iTunes is still the best that's out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.